Harry Potter Mania . . . Again

Elvish

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o I worked on that one... ::

They are easy, but they're fun when you're collecting the wizard cards :thumbsup: And Crookshanks actually having subtitles to match his audio - that was my doing :laughing:

The new game (without giving too much away) is going to be 100 times better and look alot more atmospheric! ;)

Hm... The games are okay, I guess. I don't really know, though. I don't play many video games. Even if I wanted to, though, I wouldn't be able to get to the game. People are very obsessive over video games... We have one or two of the games. One for something and one for something else. It's slightly obvious I don't play these often, now isn't it? I played one for a couple days after I got it. Then some one else wanted to play it, so I let them. Haven't seen it since.

you worked on the gameboy games? wow! no, i've really enjoyed them because they are the style of game that i really like, i thought they got progressively easier or maybe i got better?

i'm guessing that the pc/console games are better than the gameboy ones

This from the one who stopped reading children's books long ago. :jester:

:laughing:

I was reading "adult" books by the time I was 10 or 11 years old, so I suppose reading "children's" books now that I'm an adult is acceptable.

J.K. Rowling has created a whole new world that could exist within ours (sort of). I've found that her works allow me to regain that sense of blissful intoxication when reading that I haven't experienced since I was a child. Her series makes me feel like I'm reading Tolkien or C.S. Lewis or Madeline L'Engle for the first time again. (By the way, I've re-read all those authors as an adult, too!)

I could re-read The Chronicles of Narnia 100 times over and never get bored and I first read them at 7. Amazing stories where you can immerse yourself in a world of fantasy and imagination are only a good thing to me.

Me too! On both counts. . . I really enjoy fantasy and sci fi. Pretty unusual for a female, probably.

well, i am a child at heart! plus i don't think i ever got into fantasy to be honest. i read hobbit when i was 8 or so and hated it. my fave children;s book is "little women" :) must have read it over 20 times when i was little

My favourite was Prisoner of Azkaban too. But her 5th book wasn't so good...it just dragged. Too much hype. I'm not raising my expectations for this one either.

But on my list of top three books (of all time) is Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass which is an absolute masterpiece.

Enid Blyton books are fantastic! I also used to read The Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew mysteries and Famous Five. Alice in Wonderland was incredible too...talk about sucking you in to a fantasy world!

Lord of the Flies, now that's a book I've read a number of times over, along with Charlotte's web.

I am an avid Harry Potter fan. I think that people who want to dismiss the books should acutally read them first so they know what they're talking about.

I am studying early childhood. We are taught to treat children as capable and resourceful individuals. Themes such as death in the Harry Potter books are a good thing because children need to learn about these things. Death is a very, very real part of life and the sooner children are introduced to the concept the better.

I read a lot (lots of adult books as well), and the Harry Potter books are some of the best I've come across. I understand that fantasy isn't everyone's bag, but you cannot deny that Harry Potter is a modern classic that has inspired children and adults alike. Why must you be eight years old to enjoy a book?

I read the new book.

What a waste of paper.

:laughing: :laughing:

I thought you were going to say "waste of time"...

But you read it all? You finished it? Hey, you´re faster reading than me posting... :bow:

I still feel guilty for not trying to read it but I have so many other books that I really want to read...

:laughing: :laughing:

I thought you were going to say "waste of time"...

But you read it all? You finished it? Hey, you´re faster reading than me posting... :bow:

I still feel guilty for not trying to read it but I have so many other books that I really want to read...

Edna, don't feel guilty about not trying to read it! I think that you should do what you really want to do, and read your other books! Do not give in to peer pressure! I know that if I wasn't into Harry Potter, I wouldn't be troubling myself to read it.

That aside, I've finished the book too and I thought it was brilliant. JK Rowling is one very clever woman. The sixth book explained a lot and also contained a few shocking surprises. The wait was well worth it and I am now looking forward to what will be a thrilling conclusion in the seventh and final book.