What band do you hate the most?

Jillianne

Whoa. Zach. I know this post is coming a little late, but Pink Floyd? Come on. I can't stand aerosmith. Hey, Phil Collins is good too. He can sing and play drums. And I love the fills on In The Air Tonight. The way they run over into the measure. Also, DMB isn't as bad as most people would say it is. His voice is sort of annoying, but it is one modern band I can say I enjoy listening to.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most popular "hard rock" bands today. Popular is the key word there. I mean popular like getting heavy airplay on VH1 and MTV. I think that they are really relying on their image and loudness instead of good songwriting, which is really whats most important. It also doesn't really sound too heavy. For example, Nickleback, considered a hard rock band for some reason. But I think that playing Black Dog on an acoustic guitar would sound more like hard rock than any of their songs. Even though it is less loud and distorted, its the overall sound of the song that is important.

Also, most of the preteen punk bands today, but I think everyones allready covered them. The main point, once again, image is more important than sound. And they have a stupid image anyways.

• 3 weeks later...

Tori Amos

The Barenaked Ladies

Blank 182

Bon Jovi

Coal Chamber

Coheed And Cambria

Cold

Coldplay

Creed

Deftones

The Dork Matthews Band

Janis Joplin

Jet

Sarah Maclaclaclan

Matchbox 20

Motley Crue

Phish

Poison

Sh*tney Spears

The Simpson sisters

Type O Negative

Valor's Christian Death

Velvet Acid Christ

I'm an equal opportunity hater :beatnik:

Tori Amos

The Barenaked Ladies

Blank 182

Bon Jovi

Coal Chamber

Coheed And Cambria

Cold

Coldplay

Creed

Deftones

The Dork Matthews Band

Janis Joplin

Jet

Sarah Maclaclaclan

Matchbox 20

Motley Crue

Phish

Poison

Sh*tney Spears

The Simpson sisters

Type O Negative

Valor's Christian Death

Velvet Acid Christ

I'm an equal opportunity hater :beatnik:

Remember that Sesame Street songs "one of these things is not like the others - one of these things just doesn't belong?" Well, one of your names just SCREAMS out at me. Does anyone have a guess as to which one?

ZZ Top - one long distorted drone.

George Thorogood - for the love of God, play something without a slide guitar in it.

Eric Clapton- ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Nothing to get excited over. I don't see what the shouting is all about.

Jackson Browne - see Eric Clapton

Dave Mathews band - see Jackson Browne

Oh.......I thought you were talkin' about 'Phish' Elvish

Actually, I was talking about Janis (the "screams" thing was the clue). It's not that I don't like any of the others, because I do like a few of them (Phish included) but I guess I understand more why the rest are on your list, XXX. Janis has more of an iconic status that the rest.

are you mad U2 are brilliant they arny overrated, if anything, underrated :guitar:

agreed. "It's A Beautiful Day' :laughing:

Those boy bands Nsync, Backstreet boys etc.

New *pUnK*-Blink, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan etc.

The only ones with really any good music and talent are probably Sum 41 and Treble Charger. And I suppose underground stuff I havent heard

All the two year old punk bands suck.Simple Plan, New Found Glory, Not By Choice posers. First off AVRIL does'nt sound on her albums as she does live, BUT her live voice is amazing. she is'nt a poser she can sing. YOU CRITICIZING CHRISTIAN MUSIC,,, GO TO HELL. NOT THAT YOU NEED ENCOURAGEMENT!!! Blink is good. Creed is very corny. Rap does'nt fall under 'MUSIC' in my books... I HATE THE NEW GUNS N' ROSES. The band with Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven are THE GODS :coolio:!!! AXL has an amazing voice but what is he doing? Buckethead under the name Guns n' Roses? CHINESE DEMOCRACY IS NOT GUNS N'ROSES!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsdown:

I'm Sorry for what I put here, I was an immature tapole at the time I wrote that. Avril sucks.

Nicely said Daniel. :) I like when people storm on here with an attitude and then realize this is a friendly place and join in.

PS - That post got by me, it should have been edited!! LOL

----------------------------------------------------------

OOOh, some of my favorites are on here - Tori Amos, Kate Bush, Barenaked Ladies, Janis Joplin, Indigo Girls. I'm sure there are people in the world that would cringe to hear me say: I really don't like Mariah Carey!

"bands" like hillary duff, kelly osbourn, ashley simpson, and avril levine.

the "bands" like ashley simpson and kelly osbourn get their own album just because who their sister is and who their father is. Im not saying jessica simspon is a good artist(i compelely detest her and "musicians" like her. and there is that sad sorry human kelly osbourn. her father "the prince of f***ing darkness" got her daughter a band and then she made horrible music. SHE CANT SING! im sure U all know that. then theres hillary duff. a teenage actress....whatever i dont care, but just because ur a famous actress doesnt give u the right to come out with a cd. then theres avril levine who thinks shes punk, ahe aint punk. she was punk for about 5 months and started writing songs about the "hardships of being in a relationship" yah know what, no one really gives a flying f***. hell i would be happy just to be in a relationship. haha.

I think every band should have to be discovered on way or another. bands just cant be put together in a fortnight and then automatically become famous. [bleep] just doesnt work that way. good bands take work.....like a marriage.

thanks for reading,

peter

Any band who plays rap, hip-hop, country (with my only exception of Kenny Rogers), disco, grundge rock and modern rock are awful in my opinion. Modern rock all sounds the same, the guy moans in the begginning and sings just like he does in all the other songs that he did and other bands did with the same guitar, drum and bass lines. It's so monotenouse.

And U2 rocks, I noticed they were on the list.

• 4 weeks later...