What band do you hate the most?

Jillianne

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green Day is probably the worst band ever to grace the face of the Earth. Their older stuff was tolerable, but they are NOT punk, are NOT British, and are NOT even that good. My brother is 11, and he figured out how to play that September song by himself, and he can perfectly play Espionage. He thinks they are great, but if he can play their songs, they can't be that good.

Green Day is probably the worst band ever to grace the face of the Earth.

Really??

Their older stuff was tolerable,

They surely can't be the worst band ever to grace the face of the earth then?

but they are NOT punk
So what? Most would argue this as a point in their favour...

are NOT British
"Britishness" is no guarantee of excellence,...

As for your last paragraph: since when do we judge the greatness of songs by how complicated they are to play?

The Ramones did truckloads of "easy-to-learn" songs, but , possibly for that very reason, were one of the best bands ever to grace the...etc, etc.

I'm not particularly a fan of Green Day. Nonetheless, I find your logic to be seriously flawed.

Hate is such a strong and vile word. I usually use 'loathe' in similar discussions but to each their own. ::

One band that's over-rated and I can't stand 99% of their music is ... U2

:guitar:

Booooo! ;)

A band I can't stand. Hmmm...Starship. Styx. Definitely Styx. Journey's cheesy but I will sing them in karaoke. That's my true test of whether I like a band or not. ;)

they are NOT punk,

are NOT British

Here is a short list of terrific bands who are not British and not punk:

Jimi Hendrix (solo, because group is from Britain)

Rush

Parliament

Funkadelic

the Mahavishnu Orchestra

the Chieftains

Miles Davis

Neutral Milk Hotel

Tangerine Dream

Manic Street Preachers

Van Der Graaf Generator (Italy, right?)

Sly & The Family Stone

Nirvana

The White Stripes

Herbie Hancock

The Talking Heads

Frank Zappa and the Mothers

Camel

Gong

Primus

Pixies (does new wave count as punk?)

Flogging Molly

Cat Stevens

Alice Cooper

Soundgarden

eh, that's enough; you get the point, right?

I totally agree, TheTallOne!

The ONLY (Green Day) song they play is "Wake Me Up When September Ends" on our 'All Hit Music station', Hot 92. Well, take a look at "Fine Line", NOMINATED FOR A GRAMMY, and all the crap they play, "Hits", are what they are, CRAP!

C'mon Hot 92, play REAL hits!

My bands are:(No perticular order)

Green Day

Good Charlotte

Blink-182

Fall Out Boy

Black Eyed Peas

That's all I can think of!

I totally agree, TheTallOne!

The ONLY (Green Day) song they play is "Wake Me Up When September Ends" on our 'All Hit Music station', Hot 92. Well, take a look at "Fine Line", NOMINATED FOR A GRAMMY, and all the crap they play, "Hits", are what they are, CRAP!

C'mon Hot 92, play REAL hits!

Eh??? :confused: I can't make any sense of this post. Is your gripe with your local radio station or the band Green Day? Green Day haven't had enough hits to get played on a "Hits" station? (Maybe it doesn't like punk bands?) Are Green Day somehow responsible for what's played on your radio station? This is hardly a global concern...

I can tell that you both hate Green Day, which is, of course, your prerogative. Having said that, I do wish I could understand your reasoning more clearly...

Earlier on, I was taking issue with the statement that Green Day are "probably the worst band ever to grace the face of the earth", and the bizarre sequence of reasoning that led The TallOne to this conclusion.

That statement is patently untrue. If I had all day I could sit here and list hundreds, maybe thousands of bands inferior to Green Day (without even risking controversy). In fact, as I'm off work sick today, technically I do have all day, so I might just do that.... ;)

There is quite a difference between "the worst" and "the one I hate the most". For example...(casts around for good examples)...I "hate" Mick Hucknall of Simply Red, but it would be foolish of me to suggest he's the world's worst singer. I "hate" U2, but I understand that they are not "the worst band in existence", I "hate" Duran Duran but...oh hang on..I could end up arguing against myself now...

Of course "hate" is a fairly extreme verb, often bandied around inappropriately (as I have here). If one is going to claim it (this extremity of emotion/opinion), one should at least attempt to justify it with coherent reasoning...

Yours hypocritically...

rach is right batman. wales is part of britain but separate from england. the united kingdom of great britain and northern ireland consists of four separate entities: england, scotland, wales and northern ireland. the first three are all part of great britain. it's a little confusing!

no, wales is part of britain. why do i have the feeling we have had the exact same discussion before?

you may feel that we've had the exact same discussion before because of a relatively simple chemical inbalance in the brain. This inbalance causes one side of the brain to perceive something a little bit quicker than the other side of the brain. So, your left side knew about this conversation for a split second before your right side knew about it. This chemical inbalance is more commonly referred to as deja vu.

4490722_200X150.jpg

Opiate, I'll excuse the Crazy Town comment, because I'm sure you only go by what you hear on the radio. They had two really good songs called "Darkside" and "Toxic" boot up your illegal music stealing programs and dl them. As for bands I can't stand anything claiming to be punk after the 60s also Tool, Deftones, Pink Floyd, Good Charolette, Sum 41, and anything else on the radio.

pink floyd is awesome dark side of the moon and the wall rocks