What band do you hate the most?

Jillianne

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why Blink 182, at least those boys write their own music and play instruments and stuff like that.

The songs they write are horrible, and it isn't like they play their own instruments that well (aside from drums). Most overrated band in the history of mankind (well, maybe not... but right up there)

OOO...OOOO....I agree...I have ALWAYS hated Blink 182 (and actually when I read the post before coming in here that was my 1st choice) All of their songs sound pretty much the same...now, mind you, I have seen interviews with them and they are hilarious guys!!! I would even hang out them, just don't care for their "talent" or lack there of. Oh yeah, and after seeing a commercial for a "teeny-bopper" CD with a bunch of trendy untalented songs...also featuring Blink 182...ummm...yeah they are SO punk rock! :thumbsdown:

I am not going to mention boy bands...that should just be a given! ::

Crazy Town would have to be another or my favorite bands to hate...I mean come on..."You're my butterfly...sugar baby"?? Way to look deep down indise yourself for those lyrics! :laughing:

All I'm saying is Blink 182 is better than the boy bands. I was hoping for something like a 'group hate thread' for the boy bands. Thought everyone could get behind that idea. I don't like the girl groups either, Salt and Pepa, Spice Girls, Destiny's Child. Anyone?

Why Blink 182, at least those boys write their own music and play instruments and stuff like that.

I hate the boy bands, the Back Sync Boys, which includes everyone starting with New Kids on the Block.

I dunno theyre just crap, i mean the lead singer sings wit a lisp, the drummer cant play properly, and they dont play their own instruments apart from drums (which are played V.badly), they dont play guitar r nothing. thats just my opionion though ::

Opiate, I'll excuse the Crazy Town comment, because I'm sure you only go by what you hear on the radio. They had two really good songs called "Darkside" and "Toxic" boot up your illegal music stealing programs and dl them. As for bands I can't stand anything claiming to be punk after the 60s also Tool, Deftones, Pink Floyd, Good Charolette, Sum 41, and anything else on the radio.

Hate is such a strong and vile word. I usually use 'loathe' in similar discussions but to each their own. ::

One band that's over-rated and I can't stand 99% of their music is ... U2

:guitar:

are you mad U2 are brilliant they arny overrated, if anything, underrated :guitar:

Okay, Cyberdemon, I will make you a deal: I will DL those 2 Crazy Town songs...giving them the benefit of the doubt...If you NEVER, EVER say anything bad about TOOL again! :laughing:

TOOL on the radio...well they only play 4 songs that I can think of...46 & 2, Aenema, Schism, Sober...okay these songs are NOT the end all be all of TOOL. These are the damn trendy songs that people listen to and say "Oh, I love TOOL" really? Because if these are the only songs you know...then you have never really heard TOOL.

And last but not least...please...don't ever put TOOL in the same category as Good Charlotte & Sum 41

Okay...that's all. :laughing:

Culture Club.....absolutely brutal and too damned fruity to say the least.......Madonna.....I know she's solo but damned she has to be named......amazing how being a whore translates into such success??

Bon Jovi is pretty damned cheesy........Aerosmith the last 10 years or so is pretty sappy........

So many too choose from....

Most of this corporate rock crap I hate. Unfortunately most of it is American (save for Nickleback who I hate infinitely):

Matchbox 20, Live, Good Charlotte, The Offspring (well everything post 1995 anyway), Blink 182, Nickleback, Default, 3 Doors Down - can't stand any of them. They're so uninspired, unoriginal and there is very little difference between their music. They all sound so bland.

Matchbox 20, Live, Good Charlotte, The Offspring (well everything post 1995 anyway), Blink 182, Nickleback, Default, 3 Doors Down - can't stand any of them. They're so uninspired, unoriginal and there is very little difference between their music. They all sound so bland.

Ill agree, they all sound so alike.

:beady:WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? :beady:

thes music is not crap! blink 182 are really talented i dare any of you to say one song they did not put a least one classic line into. they are not punk etheir they are pop-rock and they so rock. :doh: you have to understant that they do not sing this music for people in your age grounp. i am only a young teen and lots of people i know relate to their music.

:rockon:

:bow:SUM41! my favorite band in the world who ever said they wernt good are mistaking.I have every song ever made by them and there lyrics are so well done. The song that have been released of them arent there best BUT WHATS A BOOK JUDGED BY ITS COVER?

Why are you all picking on punk-rock? there is alot of rappers that are talking about their trip to the shop and you choose to bag out the punks who talk about there incounter with suiside? really?

The only thing on this board i do agree with is ::AVRIL LAVIN :: or how you spell it. she is such a sell out i cant stand her. as my favorite band sum41 says "I have avril phobea"

:neener:

No, there music is not good, i understand people do like them. They can like what they want, but to me, todays music is nothing. Whatever happened to the music that meant something?? Todays punk or pop rock or whatever the heck you wanna call it has no real deep meaning, its all about picking up a chick, fallin in love, when in fact some of the songs are not even true stories about the band. Im sorry, but todays music is nothing compared to what it used to be. ::

I totally agree with Blink-182 except for one exception, their newest album, it's really a lot more "mature" and sounds a lot better then they're other stuff, there's this one song on it that has Robert Smith (of "The Cure") doing vocals, it's really good :coolio: yeah other then that Blink-182 really sucks, but anyway the bands that I really hate are the perverters of rock 'n' roll such as everyones favorite Avril Laveigne!!! OMG she's just awful. She was on SNL a couple weeks ago (her second time, I mean seriously, I can understand her going on once, but twice!!! I remember when SNL was a big thing to get booked for, not anymore) Anyway, she needed like two backup guitarists to play riffs that were nothing short of jokes, it was really bad.

The other perverter, in my book, Good Charolette, what a load of a band, bad bass, bad lyrics, bad singing, bad guitar, mediocre drumming at best.

:beady:WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? :beady:

thes music is not crap! blink 182 are really talented i dare any of you to say one song they did not put a least one classic line into. they are not punk etheir they are pop-rock and they so rock. :doh: you have to understant that they do not sing this music for people in your age grounp. i am only a young teen and lots of people i know relate to their music.

To call Blink 182 "punk" is insulting to all the real punks out there. Have you not heard "I'm Stranded" by The Saints? If not, I suggest you promptly pull your ignorant head out of your a** and do so.

Oh yeah, I missed Creed out of my list. And that bloody awful Lifehouse too.