PostSecret

Mairi

that was amazing! i read all the secrets last night - there are so many which i can relate to, it just hit me right at my core. it was kind of embarrassing though cos i forgot my apartment door was open and a neighbour called in and caught me crying! beautiful though, thanks for sharing it with us mairi!

big time!! i'm always eavesdropping - it's so funny, especially when, like you say, they think you can't understand. it's amazing how english speakers think that germans can't understand what they're saying when clearly everyone here has brilliant english!! my trick is to speak irish if i don't want people to understand, but it only works with irish people of course!!

I just had to check it out. Thanks Mairi...very interesting site. Hey, why don't we tell secrets here?

Uh, nevermind.

Yeah, we did that on another forum im a member of, it was very interesting and helped us sympathise with each other.

:rockon:

i'm glad i'm not the only nosey person around! it's especially good if the people are foreign and speak a language i understand, because they feel more free to say whatever they want :laughing:

I am always trying to guess the language they´re speaking... and you can´t help but listen because usually they speak very loud. People use to stare at me when I go shopping with my mother as she talks to me in Russian...

That is a brilliant website. I'm fascinated by how these people can turn their feelings into works of art (imagine the ones they don't use).

One thing I learned from Songfacts is that many people simply want a place to express themselves. I know I do. That's why I started a thread about trying to install satellite radio or wrote a rambling commentary on the Red Sox after they made me proud last year. It's scary how many people have serious issues to deal with. The comments on songs like "Hold On" and "Adam's Song" are filled with kids talking about self-destructive behavior. Clearly, it would be better to speak with a real person about these issues, but if you can't do that, I guess a postcard is a first step.

The other reason I love the site is because you have to snail mail your post card. That means you have to put real effort into it. Thanks Mairi.

carl, i agree with you that speaking with a person face to face is a better and more helpful option. but sometimes if you've been keeping a secret for so long that just seems impossible. so, as you say, the internet can be a good first step. it was for me. ultimately i spoke to my friends and family about what i was going through and that was what i needed but without having first spoken to people on the internet i don't know if i could have done it.

you know, i always think it's weird that i am the first person to listen to other's problems and try and help, yet i never talk to anyone about mine. on occasion, i talk to my boyfriend or to my best friends when i see them (which is not often because they are in new york ...), but if it's a problem with my boyfriend, i have noone to talk to. i just feel like i would be burdening other people with my stuff