Movies you're hearing about!

PSYCHOcatholic

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story does take place in the East Village... might be close to where he grew up. I am glad it is being made, though. I can't remember the last time a non-animated musical came out!

Did you know he is signed on to Direct The Good Shepherd? It has one of the greatest casts I have ever seen in a while! PESCI IS BACK WITH DE NIRO!!!!

I want to see it too, Rachel... I read the book some years ago and I don´t think it´s a good book... looks like it´s been written in a hurry to make a best-seller... so I´m hoping the director gets the concept (which is very good) and makes something better.

yeah, it looks great!

just saw elizabethtown last night - i was disappointed to be honest because i had the feeling it could have been great but it just somehow didn't work. i blame orlando bloom, he's goodlooking, if a bit weedy and greasy, but he can't really act. still the soundtrack was fantastic!! it saved the movie for me. and i want someone to make me a map like that!

i have to say (and apologies to my darling queen peaches for criticising anything involving mr black) i saw trailers for king kong the other day and the effects look crap! maybe the movie will be better but everything just looked so fake. i prefer the effects in jurassic park to anything that's so clearly animated. but i won't know til i actually see it i guess. and i have faith that the gorgeous genius jack will salvage it!

Soulsis, I don't know how I missed this. I love him for his "Jackness"...his "essence of Jack", if you will. Will you? I have sat through some crappy, crappy movies because of my love of all things Jack, but even in the bad ones, he's always the best thing about the movie. His presence is too strong to be convincing as someone other than himself.

Gisela, here is Jack singing to us and asking us to forgive him for "Envy". A man's got to pay the bills, you know...

jackblack9bc.jpg

Soulsis, I don't know how I missed this. I love him for his "Jackness"...his "essence of Jack", if you will. Will you? I have sat through some crappy, crappy movies because of my love of all things Jack, but even in the bad ones, he's always the best thing about the movie. His presence is too strong to be convincing as someone other than himself.

Gisela, here is Jack singing to us and asking us to forgive him for "Envy". A man's got to pay the bills, you know...

jackblack9bc.jpg

peaches, you know i will! and jack should know it's not a question of forgiveness when it comes to you and me! i prefer to think of him singing 'let's get it on, make love sugar!...' i'm gonna see the movie anyway, just because of him! :bow:

last night i saw some random ad for a new johnny depp movie i hadn't heard of before, i think it was called "Legend"? anyone seen it?

I also saw him on TV yesterday talking with the press about it. It´s "The Libertine" ("Legend" is a film with David Bowie, I don´t know if Johnny Depp is there too...) It´s not showing yet, I believe...

HOLY LORD!

2007...The A-Team Movie is coming out! Now...as for actors...heres something pulled from IMDB! If they are gonna do this movie...they have got to do it right! Theses are the character choices!

Here's my thoughts - unashamedly stolen from some of the other replies (cos they were right)and some thoughts of my own.

"Hannibal Smith"

I know Clooney's heart is in the right place and he loves the 80s but he is always the same - he wouldn't be able to act as Hannibal.

As for Mel Gibson. He's popular but for Chrissakes he can't act, he can't do comedy and he's a nutcase. We need an actor who doesn't take himself so seriously.

Robert Redford? An interesting one that I don't think has been mentioned. He needs some serious consideration but his left wing leanings may cause him some angst when acting in a spin-off of a series which had a casual attitude to the rest of Hollywood.

***The Winner*** Tommy Lee Jones. A natural leader on screen (US Marshals and the Fugitive,)a fine actor who can do comedy (Men in Black) some serious acting (Lonesome Dove)and can enter into acting jobs that will have questionable consequences for his career (Batman Forever).

"Murdoch"

Jim Carrey would be a problem. He'd likely overshadow the rest of the cast and is way too expensive. However in many ways he is truest to the zany nature of the character.

Michael Keaton could do crazy (Dream Team and Beetlejuice) but he doesn't really fit.

Rob Schneider could be fun. Different but good value for money.

***The Winner***. Gary Oldman would be your man. With a penchant for voices and accents he's done some great roles nd could be superb as murdoch. Plus, unlike Robin Willliams as someone suggested you wouldn't be left with a sickly sweet sentimental ending.

"FaceMan"

Rob Lowe would be good. He can be fun (Wayne's World and Austin Powers) but has proved himself to have the charm and acting ability in countless other things.

Tom Cruise. No scientologists in the A Team movie. Period. Plus his star rating would overshdow the film and the character. Face, is after all a supporting actor.

***The Winner***. Luke Wilson. It's all about the charm. He's good. Anyone that can seduce Cameron Diaz has gotta be good (Charlie's Angels).

"BA"

Michael Clarke Duncan. No way - BA has to be a Bad-ASS.

Sam L Jackson. This man could do anything but you wouldn't be able to afford him and I can't quite see his bejewelled fingers screwing nuts and bolts.

***The Winner***. It has to be Ving Rhames. The guy is awesome. He's got some presence and he can be intimidating as well as a hell of a character. Before anyone rights him off I urge you to see Scorsese's "Bringing out the Dead".

"Amy Allen"

Probably someone like Jessica Alba. She has to be hot, ballsy and willing to get in on some of the action.

"Col Decker"

He was the best character of the MPs. Christopher Walken. Accept no substitute.

This is my best guess at the moment. I've heard that the movie of the A-Team could be set after the first Gulf War but personally I prefer the angst of Vietnam and the myth of the unappreciated Vietnam Vet. Keep to the 80s. It's what the A Team fans love.

I love A-Team series...i hope they dont screw it up for me!

• 2 weeks later...

I just read about what could be the greatest movie ever:

Will Ferrell, Jon Heder, Amy Poehler and Will Arnett ("Gob" from "Arrested Development") are doing a movie about a pair of figure skaters (Ferrell & Heder) who mount a comeback after getting thrown out of the Winter Olympics for starting a brawl during their event.

That plot, and three of those people (sorry, haven't see "Napolean Dynamite" yet) have me totally sold.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the concept of that movie (she think her family was the inspiration for "The Graduate"), but that f-ing Kevin Costner has once again ruined a movie for me.

Oh hang on - I'm thinking about a different movie, the one with Jennifer Aniston. Well, I knew it had some blonde from a tv show.

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...