Get The Word Out - Classic Edition

CanAm

BTW, is there a reasonable amount of cds to own? I have approx 400, a lot of which is classic rock and some folk.

Who's to say what's reasonable and what's unreasonable? I think it's great that you have so much passion for music. As long as you aren't spending ALL your money on CDs while eating cat food out of the can, then I say go for it. ::

I checked out your website and I thought it was very well put together. An amazing attention to detail. I think I'll put Mr. Egan on my list of new artists to explore. :thumbsup:

Whilst we are on the subject of under-recognised older bands, what about the Sensational Alex Harvey Band (SAHB)? Alex Harvey was the prototype for 'punk' in Britain during the early 1970s, but possessed a theatrical edge too. If you wish to check them out, I suggest 'The Impossible Dream' recorded in 1975 as a good starting point. Track two - 'The Man In The Jar' is one of my all time favorite songs, nay performances ever ever....

You were talking about Glam Rock on a different thread. Have a look at this lot to see some original Glam Rock with a twist!

Regards

As long as you aren't spending ALL your money on CDs while eating cat food out of the can, then I say go for it. ::

Well no. Not anymore. Though when I was in high school I would spend all of my lunch money on cds. I got $2 a day for lunch and would walk to the cd shop every other week instead of eating at lunchtime. Now I have a job so I can eat AND buy cds.

I checked out your website and I thought it was very well put together. An amazing attention to detail. I think I'll put Mr. Egan on my list of new artists to explore. :thumbsup:

:coolio:

I just wish I knew more about html and web design, but oh well. I think it's the only Egan fansite out there and he likes it. So that's what counts, right? A guy who has been a fan since the 70s has promised to copy and ship me his collection of photos (apparently he doesn't have a scanner) so I should have a page for those soon.

I'm glad to hear that the people here are very friendly. I'm a member of a few other music related message boards and sometimes the people there just get nasty. ::

Hi, Vicky, this is the best place ever... but we must warn you, it´s highly addictive!!! :laughing: You know, "you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave..." :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

khb_hb.jpg

You'll be lucky in a couple of ways if you can find first few albums by the Keef Hartley Band.

On vinyl or import CD, they are rare and pricey, but the music is an incomparable energized jazz-colored Blues.

Hartley was drummer with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers during the late 60s Mick Taylor-on-guitar period.

When Mayall created a drumless acoustic band, Keef got "sacked" without prejudice.

Hartley painstakingly put together his own band of top-notch musicians and turned out the albums Halfbreed (highly recommended), The Battle Of North West Six, and The Time Is Near.

I didn't know it, but I learned in my research that the Keef Hartley Band played at Woodstock, although they don't turn up in the soundtrack, movie or extended video edition.

BTW, is there a reasonable amount of cds to own? I have approx 400, a lot of which is classic rock and some folk.

Actually, there is a reasonable amount....the correct amount is 286. Therefore, you have somewhat too many. As a service to you and the community, you may get rid of any unwanted CD's by simply mailing them to:

Miamisammy29

c/o The Black and White Man-Lady

Halfway Up The Ferris Wheel

Neverland Ranch

Santa Ynez, California 93460

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester: :jester:

Actually, there is a reasonable amount....the correct amount is 286. Therefore, you have somewhat too many. As a service to you and the community, you may get rid of any unwanted CD's by simply mailing them to:

Miamisammy29

c/o The Black and White Man-Lady

Halfway Up The Ferris Wheel

Neverland Ranch

Santa Ynez, California 93460

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester: :jester:

Sure thing, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, and J. Lo will be in the mail tomorrow.

::

I saw someting called the sounds of sixties that showed the nice, i dont know if they were big or not given my age, but they were amazing

The Nice had keith emerson on the organ/keys/piano. Man he was like the hendrix of keys. he was like going insane, craziest thing ive ever seen

• 2 weeks later...

Osibisa

bisa.jpgosi.jpg

I started to wonder what became of the cassette tape I made from Osibisa's second album Woyaya. It is probably buried in stuff I have in storage, along with other treasures. I don't presently have a cassette player anyhow, but I was surprised to learn that the early Osibisa stuff is readily available on CD (in fact the first two albums have been combined on one import CD). And Osibisa is is still performing today (although I don't know what portion of the original personnel that includes).

Osibisa was formed in London in 1969 by three Ghanaian and three Carribbean musicians.

I suspect that a good number of Osibisa records were purchased on the basis of the "flying elephant" album cover art by Roger Dean (also responsible for the trippy covers on Yes albums).

Osibisa has often been compared to Santana (I suppose because of the strong rhythmic percussion applied to a rock music base), but they have a very different funkier sound (especially with sax, trumpet and keyboard) and I can't easily think of anything similar.

Translated from Ghanaian, Osibisa means ''criss-cross rhythms that explode with happiness''.

I saw someting called the sounds of sixties that showed the nice, i dont know if they were big or not given my age, but they were amazing

The Nice had keith emerson on the organ/keys/piano. Man he was like the hendrix of keys. he was like going insane, craziest thing ive ever seen

I remember them and I liked The Nice. In fact, I found them amazing... I haven´t heard them since... 30 years ago or maybe more... Yes, they were big but not as big as ELP... Here you have some info but I´m sure I can find more when my connection isn´t misbehaving... The Nice

Bazooka, I still should have the second Ossibissa album somewhere... maybe in some friend´s house??? :P Missing since last time I moved...