INXS INSANE

RonJonSurfer

INXS Lands New Record Deal

Australian rockers INXS are celebrating their comeback by signing a new record deal.

The group, formerly fronted by Michael Hutchence, has signed a worldwide recording agreement with Epic Records.

Their comeback will be complete later this summer when they recruit a new singer from a list of hopefuls on the reality TV show Rock Star: INXS.

The group will tour and record an album with the winner of the new TV show.

The upcoming album will be INXS' first since Hutchence's death in 1997.

INXS Not Trying to Replace Hutchence Tue Jul 12, 7:54 AM ET

LOS ANGELES - Although INXS is looking for a new singer, guitarist Tim Farriss says the band isn't "in any way, shape or form trying to replace Michael Hutchence."

"What we really want is somebody who brings their own personality along and someone completely different," Farriss told AP Radio in a recent interview. The band has used guest vocalists since Hutchence died in 1997.

A new reality show to find a lead singer, "Rock Star: INXS," premiered Monday night on CBS, hosted by Dave Navarro, former guitarist for the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Jane's Addiction, and TV personality Brooke Burke.

Fifteen performers are competing on the show. The last singer standing will make an album with INXS and go on tour with the band, known for their hits "What You Need" and "Need You Tonight."

What would Hutchence say about the contest?

"I think he'd think it was kind of funny in a good way, 'cause in some ways it is," Farriss said. "But in another way, it's really an organic way to find a new singer. It's the best way we could think of."

You know, I really like INXS.. I like their style, I like Hutchence's sound.. I dunno about this reality show thing, I think it's going to be embarassing..

I really loved INXS when Hutchens was fronting - I thought he had a real Jim Morrison kind of presence about him. ANd he was really adorable. The reality show (actually the whole trend) is kind of disturbing - TLC is doing a similar one to replace Lisa Lopez - what's next? A reality show for bereaved families to replace their dead? Who's Your New Daddy?

Being a big INXS fan, I've watched the new show. These people are pathetic!! They're the best they could find?

I was looking forward to Wednesday's show when the bottom three were going to sing INXS songs. Needless to say I was disappointed. I am now of the opinion that these people should never be allowed to sing another current INXS song. It just feels blasphemous to me. There will never be another Michael Hutchence.

I guess they're just trying to live up to their name !! ;) Seriously though , will any of this REALLY rejuvenate their fortunes ? INXS 'mania' ... again ( mind you, it was fairly short-lived before , as well, ... take the money and run , I guess ! ) ? Can you imagine The Doors or the like, trying the same thing ? :stars: ::

Did anybody watch this last night? I hear it's on again tonight. I was busy, er, writing my autobiography.....

"My Life As A Faux Surfer" - You see it's about a boy that lives the surfing lifestyle, when in fact he can't even stand up on a board and has never even owned one. He had a bizarre obsession with the life of Brian Wilson. How does a guy become the absolute king of surf music without an athletic bone in his body. The concept is so amazing to me, that I decided I could hang around beaches with girls in bikinis, haunt surf shops, dress like a surfer, and promote the lifestyle...without actually being a surfer.

Chapter One - It was a dark and stormy night. (No that's not good). I'll get back to this....... :coolio:

Did anybody watch this last night? I hear it's on again tonight. I was busy, er, writing my autobiography.....

"My Life As A Faux Surfer" - You see it's about a boy that lives the surfing lifestyle, when in fact he can't even stand up on a board and has never even owned one. He had a bizarre obsession with the life of Brian Wilson. How does a guy become the absolute king of surf music without an athletic bone in his body. The concept is so amazing to me, that I decided I could hang around beaches with girls in bikinis, haunt surf shops, dress like a surfer, and promote the lifestyle...without actually being a surfer.

Chapter One - It was a dark and stormy night. (No that's not good). I'll get back to this....... :coolio:

Oh yeah...Cowabunga!!!!!

I got a kick out of the big deal they made on the first episode about how they wouldn't be able to be around, so Dave was their "guy" they trusted to help.. Yet... There they sit, every episode, with their dumb sunglasses on inside.. I gotta tell ya, I have to stop watching that show, because it's making me not want to listen to them anymore, and I really like them.