the show you never miss

lucylooloo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to pride myself on never watching any shows on TV (except Friends, which I watched religiously). In the past year, though, I've become addicted to 3 - Desperate Housewives, Medium, and Apprentice. I hate being a slave to TV! Think when this next season starts, I'll divert my attention.

I admit.....I love Desperate Housewives! Don't ask me why because I do not know but it keeps me coming back for more.

Other shows include Jeopardy (Ken Jennings had me taping every night when I was not home!), The Apprentice (who doesn't love The Donald?), and of course Lost.

LOST!!!!!

Family Guy

The Sopranos

Queer as Folk (please don't let Karhul come back)

I'm a fan of some reality shows, but it won't kill me if I miss an episode or two.

The Amazing Race

Big Brother

American Idol

Survivor (although I have skipped whole seasons of it)

I sound like a complete TV whore, but I tape everything and watch it at 3 in the morning...I have horrible insomnia.

Tonight I´ll stay home alone. I have "CSI Miami", "24 hours" and a ER rerun. And two episodes of "Desperate Housewives" I taped. I wonder if I´ll be able to sleep tonight...

Peaches, insomnia has been my shadow for the last twenty years... so I just go to bed late and get up early... 5 hours per night is enough for me mnow.

Seems "House" is the kind of show I will love... I hope I´ll be able to see it on Spanish TV one day...

I absolutely adore the show House. Hugh Laurie is brilliant, even with his fake American accent, Rachel. Ever notice how the Brits are much better with American accents than most American actors (Johnny Depp and Gwyneth Paltrow excepted) are with British accents? I also like the actor who plays House's friend, the oncologist.

Other shows I try not to miss are Law & Order and Law & Order SVU. I can't stand Law & Order Criminal Intent because of that clown Vincent Donofrio. I've heard though, that Chris Noth is slated to start making appearances on this show. Does anyone know if this is true?

As much as I despise reality shows, I must confess that I've become quite taken with Hell's Kitchen. It's amazing to see how much sh#t and abuse some people will take.

One show I wish we got in Calgary is Deadwood. I've heard it's excellent. Anything with Lovejoy (I mean Ian McShane) in it can't be bad.

:beatnik:

I like how certain dialects of British say agendar instead of agenda. And then they will be doing a flawless American accent until they say something like umbrellar.

I really like how they say "schedule" - I agree that House is a great show, and my favorite reality show ever was Project Runway - a friend who lives in NY says they are working on a new season and had a little show at Banana Republic - I can't wait- the 1st season winner was the most talented and most deserving. :bow: