Double yer Dylan, Tributes abound

RonJonSurfer

Two Bob Dylan Tribute Albums in the Works

United Press International

Separate tributes by today's artists to the music of singer-songwriter Bob Dylan are set for release later this year, Billboard.com is reporting.

Drive Thru Records plans an Aug. 16 release of the double disc Listen to Bob Dylan.

The goal of this CD is to introduce a newer, younger generation of listeners to Bob Dylan's music through artists that they love, the same way I was introduced 16 years ago, Drive Thru owner Stefanie Reines said.

Jason Mraz performs A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall, Something Corporate covers Just Like a Woman and Steel Train does its version of Don't Think Twice (It's Alright) among contributing performers.

Separately, Doghouse Records is readying its own Dylan tribute, Paupers, Peasants, Princes and Kings, which is expected in October or November.

Former Chamberlain lead singer David Moore and guitarist Adam Rubenstein reunite to cover Dylan's Abandoned Love. Sparta frontman Jim Ward is to croon Lay Lady Lay and rapper P.O.S. does his version of the classic All Along the Watchtower.

The Something Corporate version of "Just Like A Woman" interests me greatly. I hope they have recorded it already, because with Andrew McMahon's cancer SoCo has cancelled all tour dates and studio time so he can focus on his health. If they haven't recorded it already this one might have to be scrapped.