Films, Television and Music

Mike

HEY! The man asked a question...how come no one has answered? The mannners on you people are atrocious.

I think that's a fine idea, Mr. Pink. We have all taken the idea of this forum and skewed it to what we want it to be, so we may as well rename it.

And I do love some commercials (some, not all). The Starbucks commercials kill me. The latest one I've seen is where a stadium of people follow this guy around and chant Gary Glitter's "Rock and Roll Pt 1".

Duh duh duh duh duh, HANK!

Apparently it's funnier in the commercial, but I still like it. =:P

Please forgive my ill manners. (But wasn't it fun being chastised by Peaches?).

As to commercials? A resounding yes! Most are so pathetic it's hard to believe the amounts being spent to produce 'em.

But the good ones are like good TV shows or good songs. Memorable. Most beer commercials for example seem to target the mindless. Banks and lending institutions...blah!

Some of my favorites now (from a professsional viewpoint) are the Target spots. They present merchandise and store image in a quick, slick presentation that allows the message to get through. I used to enjoy The Gap's ads, too but haven't seen many lately. Both use music effectively to get our attention.

Banks and lending institutions...blah!

I must disagree. There's a bank commercial where the teller asks the guy to lean over and when he does, staples a bar code to his head. Then, at the end, another teller has a guy's head in her hands and is sliding him across a code reader saying "I hate it when these things don't scan". It's so funny.

Anyone know what bank that is?

I made a short commercial type thing for class one time. It started with cows being led into a factory...then you see an axe come down and then it shows blood on the floor. The cows keep marching(without heads) into this big machine thing...then on the other end packages of hamburger are comin' out. After it fades to black it says..."Some Assembly Required" The teacher hated it...she said it was gross and tasteless....I was just tryin' to make a point. I know this was a very random post thing....but we were on the topic of commercials....so yeah.

I made a short commercial type thing for class one time. It started with cows being led into a factory...then you see an axe come down and then it shows blood on the floor. The cows keep marching(without heads) into this big machine thing...then on the other end packages of hamburger are comin' out. After it fades to black it says..."Some Assembly Required" The teacher hated it...she said it was gross and tasteless....I was just tryin' to make a point. I know this was a very random post thing....but we were on the topic of commercials....so yeah.

Everyone's entitiled to their opinion. I don't think your teacher was seeing it from a point of view that didn't require her head up her ass. I don't agree with the message (mostly cause meat is my friend) but it doesn't mean that the commercial wasn't well thought out and well produced. I've found that some student commercials can be better thought out and better produced than some that are corporate purchased. Especially PSA's.

HEY! The man asked a question...how come no one has answered? The mannners on you people are atrocious.

I think that's a fine idea, Mr. Pink. We have all taken the idea of this forum and skewed it to what we want it to be, so we may as well rename it.

And I do love some commercials (some, not all). The Starbucks commercials kill me. The latest one I've seen is where a stadium of people follow this guy around and chant Gary Glitter's "Rock and Roll Pt 1".

Duh duh duh duh duh, HANK!

Apparently it's funnier in the commercial, but I still like it. =:P

LOL - you crack me up.

Ok, look I can't believe my ears these days, so much music from my generation in TV, Films and commercial, I'm not sure whether to be flaterred or feel old!

Ok, Carl... what do you think?!! Films Television and Music? If you agree ... "make it so number one!"

Ok, look I can't believe my ears these days, so much music from my generation in TV, Films and commercial, I'm not sure whether to be flaterred or feel old!

Very good point Floyd! Seems like most advertisers using music in their ads dig into the sixties and seventies archives for their music. Classic Rock seems to be the leader in that field. Even the show CSI has used the Who for the intros of their three shows.

Like Neil Young said, "rock and roll will never die"!

Everyone's entitiled to their opinion. I don't think your teacher was seeing it from a point of view that didn't require her head up her ass. I don't agree with the message (mostly cause meat is my friend) but it doesn't mean that the commercial wasn't well thought out and well produced. I've found that some student commercials can be better thought out and better produced than some that are corporate purchased. Especially PSA's.

my thoughts exactly....

Memorable commercials? OK, here's one that's running in Hawai'i right now:

A number of gyrating, gesturing, shake-your-booty bank customers are seen from the back, to the delight of the teller as a hip-hop instrumental tune plays. Then a customer turns to his right, revealing an iPod Shuffle on a lanyard, bouncing to the music. Central Pacific Bank, the home of the "Strongly Loyal" border collie, Max, has created quite an impression locally. Just open a certain kind of bank account, and the iPod Shuffle is yours--to fill with "what gets ya down." :coolio:

All right. Have you seen the new Kotex commercials?

Their tag line is It Fits. Period.

PS: Yes, the dot after the word period is in red.

Any questions?

No. Period . You've just reinforced one of the many things that make certain that, while I hope it couldn't be true , the combination lock to activate the Book of Revelations is slowly, but surely , being picked ... Handcart , anyone ? Cheap ! :( :laughing:

Like Neil Young said, "rock and roll will never die"!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, yeah Jimmy. But Danny and the Juniors said it first.

Uncle Joe, not to quibble over semantics but in Rock And Roll Is Here To Stay the actual quote was "it will never die". You are right though, they did make the first note of it.

• 1 month later...