Anyone know a good graduation song?

• 3 months later...

the song that was performed at my nephew's graduation was "I Hope You Dance" by LeeAnn Womack.

There's also "Strawberry Wine" by Deana Carter...

And a new song called "Photograph" by Nickelback that's really good...

Also "Class Reunion (That Used To Be Us)" by Lonestar...

Hope that helps a little... :)

Michael W. Smith's "Friends" was a popular choice for school graduations at many levels some years back. However, the very Christian message was deemed inappropriate for Hawai'i, since there are Buddhists, Jews, etc. who's parents would object. However, if you feel like making an interesting statement about how you feel about your friends, this song might fit. :headphones:

GROWIN' UP

I stood stone-like at midnight suspended in my masquerade

I combed my hair till it was just right and commanded the night brigade

I was open to pain and crossed by the rain and I walked on a crooked crutch

I strolled all alone through a fallout zone and came out with my soul untouched

I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd but when they said "Sit down" I stood up.

Ooh-ooh growin' up

The flag of piracy flew from my mast, my sails were set wing to wing

I had a jukebox graduate for first mate, she couldn't sail but she sure could sing,

I pushed B-52 and bombed `em with the blues with my gear set stubborn on standing

I broke all the rules, strafed my old high school, never once gave thought to landing,

I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd but when they said "Come down" I threw up

Ooh-ooh growin' up

I took month-long vacations in the stratosphere and you know it's really hard to hold your breath.

I swear I lost everything I ever loved or feared, I was the cosmic kid in full costume dress

Well, my feet they finally took root in the earth but I got me a nice little place in the stars

And I swear I found the key to the universe in the engine of an old parked car

I hid in the mother breast of the crowd but when they said "Pull down" I pulled up

Ooh-ooh growin' up. Ooh-ooh growin' up