Close (To The Edit) by Art Of Noise

NUMMYTYME

I'm having a hard time finding the name of an old song for which I remember the video vividly from MTV (in its very earliest days). I believe the song was called "Cut to the Edit" and the video displayed a young girl walking around what appeared to be a dump site or after a nuclear disaster (maybe train tracks in the background?) and she kept "chopping" with her hand/arm (to the beat of the music) and shouting "HEY!" It was a very choppy video (not filmed in real time) which just added to it's dark, mysterious, and artsy effect. I thought at one time I found the answer to this SOMEWHERE on the internet, but now I can't seem to get anywhere on it. Maybe I have the title a bit wrong. Can anybody help me out? It would have been from the EARLY 80s. Thanks much. P.S. Just found this site and it looks to be quite interesting!!! :help:

Wow! I remember that video. That girl looked like some sort of ghoul or something. It was shot in some sort of stop action editing or something. Very herky jerky.

I wish I could help you out. Maybe someone will be along shortly.