Being rich doesn't stop one from being stupid:

XXX

Anyone headed into the hospital for surgery , soon ?

Doctor makes incision on wrong eyelid

The Yomiuri Shimbun

NAGOYA--An ophthalmologist in his 40s mistakenly cut a patient's right eyelid instead of the left eyelid while removing a tumor on June 27 at the National Hospital Organization Nagoya Medical Center in Naka Ward, Nagoya.

The doctor halted the operation, apologized to the patient's family and resumed the procedure.

According to the medical center, the operation was to remove a benign tumor from behind the patient's left eye. The doctor noticed his mistake about one hour into the surgery after a five-centimeter incision had been made on the wrong eyelid.

The doctor made the mistake when marking the place for the incision. Five surgical assistants and nurses who were in the operating room did not notice the mistake. The hospital said the patient's scar will be almost unnoticeable.

(Jul. 6, 2005)

Anyone headed into the hospital for surgery , soon ?

Doctor makes incision on wrong eyelid

The Yomiuri Shimbun

NAGOYA--An ophthalmologist in his 40s mistakenly cut a patient's right eyelid instead of the left eyelid while removing a tumor on June 27 at the National Hospital Organization Nagoya Medical Center in Naka Ward, Nagoya.

The doctor halted the operation, apologized to the patient's family and resumed the procedure.

According to the medical center, the operation was to remove a benign tumor from behind the patient's left eye. The doctor noticed his mistake about one hour into the surgery after a five-centimeter incision had been made on the wrong eyelid.

The doctor made the mistake when marking the place for the incision. Five surgical assistants and nurses who were in the operating room did not notice the mistake. The hospital said the patient's scar will be almost unnoticeable.

(Jul. 6, 2005)

Ooopsie :angel: That's not how it's supposed to look, folks. Sorry 'bout that :jester:

How is the situation with malpractice lawsuits there in Japan?

Lawsuits ? He apologized , didn't he ? ...( :: ::-- but true !)

Likely the hospital will have to cough up a little compensation as well -- about 10- 20 thousand at the most. It's the hospital's / doctor's reputation that will suffer the most . Lost face .

From - The National Ledger (Mar.20/05 )

How Much Jail Time for Convicted Rapper Lil' Kim?

Rapper Lil' Kim sat in a courtroom in New York awaiting the decision from a jury of her peers last Thursday.  Once it came in with four guilty verdicts, her supporters sobbed openly in the courtroom.  Kimberly Jones (Lil' Kim) just shook her head.  And even though she was acquitted on the most serious charge of obstruction of justice (that one alone carried a maximum sentence of 20 years) she is still facing prison time.

The case stems from a February 25, 2001 shootout that occurred outside WQHT, (a.k.a. Hot 97) and the investigation that followed.  Basically Lil' Kim was convicted of lying to the investigators that were trying to piece together exactly what happened during the gunfight.

Lil' Kim was convicted on three counts of perjury and one count of conspiracy and that could still result in some serious time in jail.  Each count carries a maximum of five years, so some simple math shows the 29-year old rap diva could be almost 50 years old when she is set free if she receives the maximum for each conviction.

So how much jail time will Lil' Kim receive?

-------------------------

CNN Breaking News : 1 year and $ 50, 000 , ".. she told the judge she ' was sorry ' ..."

I guess an apology is, generally, more expensive in the U.S. than here ...

:laughing: :laughing:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20050706-1620-kidnapping.html

Big commotion at the university. I had no clue what was going on. Turns out there was a car stolen with some brat in the backseat. What spectacular stupidity on behalf of this broad. Leaves the kid in the car while she goes shopping :doh:

My heart dropped when I read this. I have a 19 month old, and there is no way on this earth that I would ever, ever, ever, ever, ever leave her in a car by herself. I'm about to cry just thinking about it. Anything could have happened to that poor sweet child.

There are wonderful, caring, responsible women out there who can't have children, and then there are people like this, who couldn't be bothered to actually deal with her child while she got a friggin' sandwich.

This is normally where I would insert [/rant], but I'll stew about this all day. ::

I have a 19 month old, and there is no way on this earth that I would ever, ever, ever, ever, ever leave her in a car by herself.

I remember my mother warning me about leaving my baby brothers alone in the car when I was a child. All kind of things could happen (car crash, doors locked, whatever...) I was frightened just to hear that some people might do it... sounds like she wanted someone to steal the car if she let the keys in.

Someone slap that woman!!!!!

The other day I went to pick up Chinese food and I thought about leaving my daughter in the car, but changed my mind. I would never forgive myself if something happened to her that I could have prevented. I took her in with me. The guy carried my food out to the car for me, too, when he couldn't fit everything into a bag with handles.

Horrible how mothers in N. America can't do something so commonplace ( NO, we don't have those crimes as much ) , as mundane as going into the store for a minute . Mocking ? Yes, but .... America ... remember ... show us the way , eh ('cause you won't listen to anyone else !!) ?!?!? Oh , a solution not including weaponry , please ... :: :(

I understand that theoretically you should not have to worry about leaving your baby in the car without fear of your car being stolen...we live in a terrible, violent environment.

HOWEVER, a responsible, intelligent, loving mother wouldn't (and shouldn't) leave her child in the car without supervision no matter how safe from crime the area is. Any number of terrible things could happen to the mother or child while they were separated.

Unacceptable.

Sadly, I must offer , the US ...primarily

And, sadly, therefore, I'm pissed ... if individuals can't respect that fine document , then what chance have the rest of us .. or is there room for improvement ( without vigilante justice ) ?

• 1 month later...