And your favorite bands and songs of the nineties (90's)....

Mike

...the envelope please...

Candlebox! They get my vote!!

Far Behind is a great tune... 30 songs in 5 years and that's it. Hmmm. Whatever happened.

But many good tunes, a great sound!

I know, I know -- most will prolly say Nirvana or Pearl Jam.

I like to be a maverick, ok?! ;)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of good '90s bands. Speaking of Candlebox, I have their self titled and it's very good.

When I think about it, one of my favorite '90s bands is Collective Soul. The first time I saw them they opened for Aerosmith and I was very impressed with their fresh sound.

I like Candlebox...you forgot to mention the song "YOU"...I love that song! Smashing Pumpkins are awesome! STP...deffinately! Deftones, BUSH, Crass, Decendants, Social Distortion...and now I am drawing a blank...I did listen to Nirvana in the 90's...not a huge fan but I like the song "Drain You".

Guided By Voices or dEUS. They stand in their own separate music catergories. (I'd say Nine Inch Nails as well, but that's more or less Trent Reznor being assisted)

I was born in the late 80's, lived through the nineties. But...i have to say the 90's had the worst music ever. If i had to pick, it would be Guns and Roses, Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana and ol Weird Al Yancovic(popular when i was in the fourth grade) I was never a big Green Day fan, but they were pretty big. Couldnt stand Pearl Jam. LOL, i think to replace all the bad music, i started listening to old music. I really got into the Monkees back then---that was before i learned about real music. :rockon:

Stone Temple Pilots! i love them can anyone give me a good song by them? what is your favorite Stone Temple Pilots song? I REALLY WANNA KNOW! please send me in mail because i have a habit of not cheaking the posts.

"Crackerman" from Core :coolio: :rockon: Try to catch them live. I had wondered how they were going to reproduce the strange sound of Scott Weiland's voice that it seems to have during portions of the song. He puts a megaphone up to the microphone. If I was the type to throw my panties on the stage they would have been up there. STP was my favorite band from the 90's as well.

cc your e-mail

• 11 months later...

I'd like some help regarding the the music I grew up with. I love almost every band that was around in the 90s. But I can't remember them all and so far I've been relying on the rare occassions when I hear a new song somewhere that I like which is more often than not from that time. That's how I came across The Lemonheads, Blind Melon, Crash Test Dummies, Soul Asylum, Collective Soul, Gin Blossoms etc. again.

Can I get the names of some other bands with a similar sound and some songs that you feel are particularly good by those bands or some songs that you feel are particularly good by the bands I just mentioned?

Thanks! And my apologies for the long sentences!