Pink floyd reunion-not

invisible_r

Pink Floyd rule out reunion

Monday July 4 2005 15:09 IST

ANI

WASHINGTON: Rock legends Pink Floyd, Roger Waters, Dave Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright have refused to make a comeback despite the huge success of their performance at the Live 8 concert.

The four member band, which came together for the first time in 24 years, have said that they will never reunite to perform again as they are too old now.

Pink Floyd also enthralled their fans by playing four of their hit tracks which included 'Money' and 'Wish you were here'.

"Why did we reform? It's a damn good way of spending a weekend", Ratethemusic.com quoted Mason as saying. Gilmour, too, agreed to the fact that this re-union was once-in-a-lifetime event.

Too bad. They just made four songs and they were great, but reuniting means new albums and touring and so... and I guess they just don´t need it.

Yeah, time... :doh:

...And then one day you find ten years have got behind you

No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking

Racing around to come up behind you again

The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older

Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time

Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines

Hanging on in a quiet desperation is the English way

The time is gone, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say

I think they're smart. Their legacy is intact. Too many old groups just keep playing and playing, adding on an extra drummer for the old drummer and an extra lead guitar player for the old guitar player.

If you want to listen and see Pink Floyd in their prime - go search out some old live shows from the bootleggers.

I think they're smart. Their legacy is intact. Too many old groups just keep playing and playing, adding on an extra drummer for the old drummer and an extra lead guitar player for the old guitar player.

If you want to listen and see Pink Floyd in their prime - go search out some old live shows from the bootleggers.

I agree with you totally bluesboy. I went to see the Moody Blues last year, and as much as I love them live it was like having two seperate bands on stage. The had an extra drummer, bassist, and keyboard/snyth in addition to the guys. As awesome as it is to see some of these bands play live, they jsut can't keep up with it anymore.

As much as it sucks for us fans, its kinda admirable that PF can sit there and admit they can't do it anymore. They have enough faith in their music that they don't need new stuff to keep people entertained.

Would absolutely love to see it but I feel that David, who seems to be fairly happy with his current life, probably doesn't want to go over past ground and get back to the way things were in the 70s (arguments, competitiveness,etc)and Pink Floyd touring again would surely lead to this.

Exactly, which is why Nick and Rick, the two normal guys, should get together and do something. Everyone except Roger Waters sounded good. And he sounded good on bass (not that Pink Floyd songs are hard to play on bass), but his voice is definitely going. If I ever get a lot of money, I really want to buy Rick Wrights old mellotron.

Never really been a big fan of Nick, not sure why, just always seemed a bit pompous to me (though in all fairness this is based on nothing more than small snippets of interviews).

Couple of friends of mine saw Roger at Wembley Arena a couple of years ago (not sure why I didn't go) and said he was fantastic live, so I don't think he'd let them down in that respect.

We can but hope.

But looking at Nick and Rick would be a completely different aspect of Pink Floyd. The early Pink Floyd, which I like a lot. I like it as much as the 70s Floyd, only in a different way. Stuff like Paintbox, Biding My Time, See Emily Play. I figure that'd be the kind of stuff they would play. But to me, the ultimate experience would be seeing The Wall.