Sign in to follow this  
Tenacious_Peaches

On the main page, I used to see red numbers showing the posts in each forum I have not read yet. I no longer see them. How do I fix that? I'm killing myself clicking on every forum to see if there are new posts.

The past couple of days has been exhausting. Calgon, take me away.

I find it very weird that I seem to be the only person who checks for posts by using the "search for posts from the past 24 hours" function, i just refresh every now and then and all the new posts appear!

btw, can someone tell me what it says on the who's online screen next to my name? it's just that no one else looks at posts in the same way and im curious!

I find it very weird that I seem to be the only person who checks for posts by using the "search for posts from the past 24 hours" function, i just refresh every now and then and all the new posts appear!

Weird.

I don't do that. I go straight into the roast pit with bbq sauce on hand :beatnik:

I think the red numbers on the main page were a caualty of the new software. They put a lot of strain on the database, and we're trying to keep the database happy.

I think there's a place in your home that you can set it so everyone else can see what you're viewing.

Of course, whenever you look, it's going to say "Checking Who's Online"

i know it's just that with other people it usually says what post they are reading or "viewing list of forums" and i'm curious as to what it says when you do the 24hr search.

rogerwaters, cheeky as usual :P

You can still tell if there are new posts in a forum with the little note at the far left of the page. If there are new posts it turns orange, if not it is white.

:laughing: I've wondered since I joined here what those red numbers meant , but was just to damn lazy and forgetful to do anything about.

I had concluded ( without the least bit of certainty ) that they meant the number of posts submitted by either moderators or the Big Cheese , himself !! Kind of a cyber- " Where's Waldo ? " :laughing: :laughing: :doh: :rockon: Thanks , Peaches !!!!!

BTW , is it just me, or does anyone else find it 'surprising' that some members read EVERY single new post ? I usually stick to favorites / new ones / or whatever strikes my fancy at that moment ..... :stars: :laughing: :rockon: