U2 Sues Lola, She Walked Like a woman but stole

RonJonSurfer

like a man:

U2 Takes Stylist to Court

Rockers U2 are taking a former stylist to court in a bid to reclaim some of their personal belongings.

The stars want the items - which are worth $6,300 and include a pair of trousers and a hat once worn by singer Bono - back from Lola Cashman.

Cashman worked with the Irish band in the 1980s and has tried to sell the possessions. Last year, she published an unauthorized biography of the band, "Inside the Zoo".

A preliminary hearing takes place in a Dublin, Ireland court Tuesday, where officials expect a high level of public interest in the case and have restricted access for "health and safety" reasons.

U2 Stylist Denies Stealing Bono's Hat and Pants

A former U2 stylist Wednesday denied accusations she took a batch of the band's personal belongings without permission.

Lola Cashman told a Dublin, Ireland court the items - which are worth $6,300 and include 200 photographs, as well as a pair of pants and a Stetson hat Bono once wore - were given to her and "were not stolen".

U2 wants their mementoes - which hail from their 1987 Joshua Tree tour - back and hope to prevent Cashman from selling them.

Cashman claims the first time she became aware U2 wanted the items back was when a lawyer for the Irish band contacted her - making her feel "intimidated".

She told Dublin Circuit Civil Court, "I was incredibly frightened. I did not steal those pieces. They were given to me.

"I didn't think that, 'Yippee, Bono has given me his black trousers, or 'Yippee, Bono has given me his hat.'

"I was proud of what I had achieved with the band. Bono liked wearing hats and I changed his style slightly."

The courts were shown footage of Bono purchasing a black Stetson hat, but Cashman's lawyer contested this by producing the hat in question and pointing out that it is a different color.

Cashman, who worked for U2 for two years in the 1980s, explained the reason no one on the tour crew saw her receive the items was because Bono gave them to her when she was alone with him backstage.

She said, "I didn't think it was a big deal."

When asked why she had failed to mention the items in her 2004 unauthorized biography of the band, "Inside the Zoo", Cashman replied, "I didn't write about it because obviously it wasn't interesting enough to put in my book."

On Tuesday, Bono took the stand and accused Cashman of blackmail, while drummer Larry Mullen and manager Paul McGuinness were present. No one from the U2 entourage turned up in court Wednesday.

U2 Wins Memorabilia Court Case

Irish rockers U2 won their court case against a former stylist over the ownership of several distinctive items of memorabilia Tuesday.

The band refuted Lola Cashman's claims she had been given the items - which are worth $6,300 and include 200 photographs, as well as a pair of pants and a Stetson hat frontman Bono once wore - were given to her while working with the band on the 1987 Joshua Tree tour.

However, Judge Matthew Deery ruled at Dublin, Ireland's Circuit Court that Cashman had taken the items without permission from her then employer - and ordered her to return them all within seven days.

He said, "It seems to me that Ms. Cashman's version of events, the giving of the hat, is unlikely to have occurred."

Judge Deery went on to pour doubt over Cashman's account of Bono running around backstage after giving her the pants he was wearing.

Last week, Bono testified that he did not give the items to Cashman because they were very important to him and he was shocked to discover they had been put up for sale.

Cashman published an unauthorized biography of the band - "Inside the Zoo" - last year, which reportedly upset U2.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully she doesn't have to sit through a lecture from Bono:

Stylist Ordered to Pay U2's Legal Fees

Former U2 stylist Lola Cashman has been ordered to pay the Irish band's legal costs after the rockers won their court case against her earlier this month, and the bill is set to run into tens of thousands of dollars.

The stars won their legal battle against Cashman, who they accused of stealing memorabilia including 200 photographs, a pair of pants and a Stetson hat, on July 5.

Cashman told Dublin Circuit Court in Ireland that she had been given the items as gifts, but Judge Matthew Deery ordered her to return them to the band.

U2 took Cashman to court after discovering she was attempting to auction the memorabilia off.

Cashman published an unauthorized biography of the band - "Inside The Zoo" - last year, which reportedly upset U2