Quiz June 2005

Three people nailed this one::

Rachel from Greenfield, IN

Dave from Newark, DE

Shannon from parts unknown (Ireland, I think)

Dave is one of our outstanding Moderators and Shannon is a previous winner, so the clean and comfortable T-shirt goes to Rachel.

Here are the answers:

[#1]What singer is both the star and executive producer of her own reality show?

Britney Spears

The show is called Britney And Kevin: Chaotic

[#2]What hit song has a title that uses just one letter of the alphabet? (the letter is used more than once)

"Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm" by Crash Test Dummies

[#3]What song contains the line, "Consider this, the hint of the century"?

"Losing My Religion" by R.E.M.

[#4]What band ended their last concert with the words, "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"

The Sex Pistols

[#5]Who released a million-selling solo album at age 19 after being kicked out of a successful boy band?

Bobby Brown

[#6]What group's bass player died when their tour bus slid off an icy road?

Metallica

[#7]What hit song from the '80s is named after a constellation?

"Southern Cross" by Crosby, Stills and Nash

[#8]Who was the first rapper to endorse a product on national TV?

Kurtis Blow

He did an ad for Sprite

[#9]Who was once married to a famous Rock drummer, and is now married to a famous Rock singer?

Elaine Irwin

She was married to Tommy Lee of Motley Crue for about a month, and is now married to John Mellencamp. Most people figured out that the drummer was Tommy Lee, but guessed either Pam Anderson (she did go out with Kid Rock) or Heather Locklear (also married to Richie Sambora, but he's a guitarist). Another great guess which is really close to being right is Kim Moon, who was married to Keith Moon and is now wed to Ian McLagan, who played keyboards for The Small Faces.

[#10]What famous singer assaulted a photographer in 2004 who was trying to take a picture of his wife?

Chris Martin of Coldplay

He's married to Gwyneth Paltrow

Thanks to everyone who took the quiz, and be sure to take the new one.

I missed the one about the constellation. I guessed Karma Chameleon. Once again I was betrayed by my intense love of Culture Club! ::

That's the same one I missed. I think we should get half credit. There is a constellation called Chameleon. (I know that's spelled wrong)

Come on, jr.

The only other times you prolly ever had your name announced were:

In high school : "Will jr please report to the principal's office!"

and

At the race track : "Will a member of jr's family please come and meet him at the main office. He can't find his seat." :laughing: