Pink Floyd Reunion July 2nd

Mike

Pink Floyd to play Live 8 show

Veteran rock band Pink Floyd have been added to the list of acts appearing at next month's Live 8 concert in London.

Roger Waters will be reunited with band-members Dave Gilmour, Nick Mason and Rick Wright for the show.

The show, organised by Bob Geldof and Midge Ure to help fight African poverty, is one of five taking place around the world on July 2.

Meanwhile, pop fans have until midnight to apply for tickets for the concert at Hyde Park.

People wanting tickets have to text the answer to a multi-choice question to be in with a chance of winning one of 75,000 pairs of tickets.

The winning tickets will be drawn at random by computer.

Scottish concert

The concert is an attempt to put pressure on the G8 industrialised countries to forgive African debt and increase aid budgets.

Entrants aged 16 and over must send the answer to a multiple choice question to 84599 before midnight on Sunday.

The question is: Which city is nearest to the G8 summit in July? A) Berlin, B) Moscow, C) Edinburgh. Entries are £1.50 plus the usual text message charge.

Organisers also recently announced a concert in Edinburgh on 6 July, which will feature a line-up including Travis, Snow Patrol and Dido.

source

I just hope this will also herald the end of the 'who's been a bigger jerk ? : Waters or Gilmore ' discussions as they have been an unfortunate coda to an otherwise great band... I 've always thought that both men have been unfairly abused ( Waters more so ) by bandmates, and especially 'fans' , and that a reunion was not at all out of the question , if people could just let sleeping dogs lie.... Now, as for The Police.... :stars: :doh: :

thumbsup: :thumbsup: :drummer: :guitar:

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I read this about a week ago on a Pink Floyd website. I don't know how Bob Geldof did it, but I just can't believe it. I would say I doubt it's going to last, but if they were able to get back together, they might be able to stay together long enough to come on tour to the US. I'd love to meet Rick Wright. He's my favorite member. Roger Waters was an incredible dick to him.

they gave out some free tickets to watch it on giant tv screens in hyde park today, and i've beating myself up for not going to get some this afternoon (couldn't leave work early enough). turns out people had been camping outside the places they were being haded out since yesterday, and the tickets were gone within 2 hours. as expected.

I am flying to London tomorrow, without a ticket, in hopes to see this show. I drove from Seattle to Vancouver to see Floyd in 94' and they were incredible. I have a tattoo on my back from the Wall movie... I've seen a million concerts, but none as good as Pink Floyd. To have a chance to see them with Roger Waters... I have to try... I may get beaten and arrested for jumping the fence at Hyde Park, but then again I might get in... Wish me luck! :-) :guitar: :thumbsup:

I 'm sorry , my friend , but you still don't get it .... Pink Floyd couldn't give a flying F--k about the U.S ... they are part of what's 'wrong' , according to them .... you are a deep fan of a 'real ' band , BTW... ( Shrugging shoulders graemlin )