All things summer.

Ken

The season officially started last weekend with our local annual "Strawberry Festival". I volunteered selling strawberries and ice cream for the local Knights Of Columbus (my Dad is the Grand Poobah, or whatever passes for the poobah. I think my folks just like the fact you can get beer for .50 a glass at the hall...). But there was one of those moments for me last weekend. One of those weird moments that crystallizes who you are, what you are and where you are. For me, it was watching my son Korey watching the fireworks lost in a daze. Knowing that the last day of school is coming in a couple of weeks and two months off is like 6 lanes of open highway with nothing to spoil the view. It was an odd moment for me resizeofkoreynight5dq.jpg knowing that life will never be that uncluttered, unencumbered or simple for me ever again but to see my son experiencing that brings satisfaction that that feeling still exists. And I capture that moment and hold it near. Just a kid. A bit grimy behind the ears, sticky from cotton-candy, and the only thing in mind is that you are about to ride the tilt-a-whirl. Hoppin' Jesus Christ as we used to say, I miss those days.

Thanks for listening.

Ken.

Just a kid. A bit grimy behind the ears, sticky from cotton-candy, and the only thing in mind is that you are about to ride the tilt-a-whirl. Hoppin' Jesus Christ as we used to say, I miss those days.

Yeah, me too! I used to love getting sticky from cotton candy. :coolio: I still do today! ::

Hey!!! That's Ace Frehley without his makeup!!!

Great story, Ken. We used to have the Fireman's carnival every end of June, with fireworks on the 4th.

My brother, a few friends and myself used to have jobs collecting bottles every night for the whole ten nights, and we'd each get 10 free tickets for the rides. What a great time in my life.

Thanks, Ken!!