Roller Coasters

Brad_M

Did everyone hear about the new roller coaster that debuted this spring at Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey, USA?

This is wicked! Check this out! :coolio:

KingdaRender1.jpg

With a hydraulic launch of 128 mph in 3.5 seconds and a maximum height of 456 feet, it is the fastest and tallest roller coaster in the world!

Click here to go to website, then click where it says "click here to see the latest video". :thumbsup:

Six Flags Great Adventure

You wouldn't get me on that thing! All that force pushing on nuts & bolts that could just work loose. Also, they say a chain is as strong as its weakest link - there must be thousands of potential weak links in that machine just waiting to be missed when lubing, or suffer metal fatigue due to unseen manufacturing problems.

Don't get me wrong, I like my thrills, but that looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Old git

You wouldn't get me on that thing! All that force pushing on nuts & bolts that could just work loose. Also, they say a chain is as strong as its weakest link - there must be thousands of potential weak links in that machine just waiting to be missed when lubing, or suffer metal fatigue due to unseen manufacturing problems.

Don't get me wrong, I like my thrills, but that looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Old git

Hear ! Hear ! Your description could apply to a rocket or the shuttle as well ... Space looks just fine from here !

Hear ! Hear ! Your description could apply to a rocket or the shuttle as well ... Space looks just fine from here !

Kevin....your comment reminds me of the funniest line in the movie Armageddon when Steve Buscemi (Rockhound) looks over to Bruce Willis (Harry) right before liftoff and makes the following comment:

You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest bidder. Makes you feel good, doesn't it?

That coaster's called Kingda Ka and I can't wait to ride it!!!

I have been riding coasters at Great Adventure since I was 11 and am still alive to tell the tale. I love the thrill of it all. Sure, there have been accidents there, but there are more accidents on the highway every minute of the day. The best you can do is take precautions and be aware of the dangers.

See all you thrill seekers on Kingda Ka this summer!