Guitar solos that are too short.....

RonJonSurfer

Did you ever feel that a rock song cheated you by making the solo too short. I mean, you're enjoying a tasty solo and it ends a good 30 seconds to one minute too soon...here's an example...Candy's Room by Springsteen. That is probably my favorite song by Bruce and I'm not a big fan anyway....but why play that great solo and clip it at maybe 15 seconds???

Another example of a song that I would have liked more solo is "Nowhere Man" by The Beatles. I know The Beatles weren't known for many long solos, but that is such a sweet little piece of music...why not give just a little more?

So, what are your examples of too short soloing?? :guitar:

Two riffs I always really liked but wished were longer were:

-Buckingham's short solo on Fleetwood Mac's "Go Your Own Way", and;

-The riff in the middle of the Eagle's "Already Gone" (I'm not sure who was playing lead on that).

Both songs are more popish, so the shorter length probably works better commercially, but they both leave me wanting more.

• 5 months later...

As much as I love that song , I've often wished that either the vocals or chorus or both would return after the solos to finsh it up ...

I have to agree with Kevin on this one (wow, I must be smoking crack). I love this song. It has one of the best quitar riffs ever, but I think they drag out the solo a little too long at the end. They could add a few more vocals, like Kevin said. I have the exact same feeling about "Layla".

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

The Rocker by Thin Lizzy has a superb wah solo on the album, but the single ends on the first note of the solo...always drove me nuts :crazy:

Another thread might include the perfect length solo and I'd vote for Alright Now and One of these Nights. Two beautifully composed and perfectly executed solos that stop just in the right place...I might add Honky Tonk Women if I'd been drinking...but I haven't :)