Whatcha Watchin On TV Now?

_Laurie_

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I just watched a re-run of the MTV Australia Video Music Awards. It was, in a word, appalling. Ashlee Simpson hosted (and performed :thumbsdown: ) along with a whole lot of US and UK imports. The entire show was rigged really badly and obviously with junior burger Simpson beating Madonna for one of the awards and a whole lot of other irrational happenings.

I only watched it beacause I wanted to see The Darkness whom I love very much :D :rockon: :bow: :bow:

Time shifted to weed out commercial interruptions:

"Conviction" (Dick Wolf's look at the NYC ADA pool as they seek to keep the alleged perpetrators and "skells" off the streets.) For the skeptical, there's ABC TV's "In Justice," where judicial slipups can be corrected. (These are much more interesting than CBS' laid back "Close to Home." }:|

• 3 weeks later...

For those who like game shows and wonder where else they can be sited, check out The Discovery Channel's "Cash Cab," which takes place inside of a taxi cab-van. Level 1: $25 questions (Easy enough for the average child) Level 2: $50 questions (Did YOU pay attention in school?) Level 3: $100 questions (Save me, Alex Trebek!) Miss three questions in a row, and you not only lose the cash, but you're booted from the taxi! If you've accumulated at least $200, and traffic stops for a red light, The Red Light Challenge pops up: a Multiple answer question with no "three strikes and you're out!" penalty for $250...in 30 seconds. Made it your stop without getting the boot? There's a double-or-nothing video+question for high stakes gamblers. From watching several shows, the Cash Cab seems to cruise Manhattan in the Fall and Winter. So, do you want to play? :coolio:

Edited by Guest
messed up final sentence

• 3 weeks later...

Help! I'm being dragged into a black hole on The Discovery Channel called: "How William Shatner Changed The World"! Yes, it's the actor with a galaxy-sized pondering how "Star Trek" and his "Capt. James Tiberius Kirk" character led to...the iPod!? It's time to eject the reactor core and collapse this "eater of words." Uh-oh, the Sisko has arrived, and G'Kar is nowhere to be found. :stars:

I was flipping through channels and found on PBS a concert filmed in black and white, with Roy Orbison singing lead, Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Costello on guitar and singing, Bonnie Raitt, and KD Lang singing back up and others I haven't identified yet. What am I watching?? It's good whatever it is...

According to my local PBS program guide, that's "Roy Orbison & Friends: A Black and White Night." I'll keep a watch out for it since it plays here on 6/22.

Right now, I'm watching the National Georgraphic channel's "Megastructures," screaming along "The Autobahn" at speeds well over 88Km/Hr.!

I was flipping through channels and found on PBS a concert filmed in black and white, with Roy Orbison singing lead, Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Costello on guitar and singing, Bonnie Raitt, and KD Lang singing back up and others I haven't identified yet. What am I watching?? It's good whatever it is...

Yep, it's Roy Orbison and friends- black and white and some of the other performers were Jackson Browne, Steven Soles, Tom Waits, Jennifer Warnes, J.D. Souther, and T Bone Burnett. It'll probably air again on PBS around June 13th. If you have On Demand (Comcast Cable) you can find it on the music concert line-up.