How do you feel about country music?

Mike

Buddy Rich died April 2, 1987. Reportedly, his last words (replying to a nurse, who asked if anything was bothering him) were: "Yes ... country music!"

Bernard (Buddy) Rich (September 30, 1917?April 2, 1987) was an American jazz drummer And bandleader. Rich was billed as the world's greatest drummer (a billing many consider to be fair), and was known for his technique, speed, and ability to improvise.

read more here

It sells well enough, so there has to be something to it. Garth Brooks has 4 albums certified Diamond, which is just above the Eagles. Tha many people can't be wrong can they? Then again, the masses also buy Britney Spears records. So I retract my previous statment.

I'll tell you how much I love country music right after I'm done doing my cousin, and then setting a cross on fire in front of a minority's house and then wooeee I'm gonna fly my confederate flag so that all those limp wristed sumbitches can all see what a man I am, and then I'm gonna beat my wife, and cook some crank. After I'm done with those daily chores, I'll talk country with ya.

I think the above statement pretty much shows what I think of country music and the people that like it so much

::

^ DORK! :laughing:

All those things happen all over the world and in every state of the US, not just in the south. (except maybe the confederate flag thing).

Maybe all that started in the south, but it's now a world-wide epidemic of wife beaters and crack smokers and cousin boinking, etc. etc.

Earth ~ "The insane asylum of the universe".

To set the record straight, the stuff that's being released today isn't country music.

Now, there are some that can sound country when they take a notion. For the most part, though, it's all part of the mutation of music.

Give me Charlie Rich, Dolly Parton, Waylon, Conway, Loretta, Patsy, Tammy Wynette. That's country.

Heck, some of the Stone's stuff is more country than most country artists today.

I'm waiting for Bluesboy to chime in with his links, so I can scavange through them and find stuff to download.

To set the record straight, the stuff that's being released today isn't country music.

Now, there are some that can sound country when they take a notion. For the most part, though, it's all part of the mutation of music.

Give me Charlie Rich, Dolly Parton, Waylon, Conway, Loretta, Patsy, Tammy Wynette. That's country.

Heck, some of the Stone's stuff is more country than most country artists today.

I'm waiting for Bluesboy to chime in with his links, so I can scavange through them and find stuff to download.

Yay jr!!! ::

I am 41. That is the country music I grew up with, even though most of the names I mentioned were at the height of their popularity when I was still maybe 3-5 years old.

You can go further back, to Hank Williams, Jimmy Martin and the Sunny Mountain Boys, Ralph Stanley and the Clinch Mountain Boys, The Bill Sky Family, Bryan Bowers, Mac Wiseman, Don Edwards, The Sons of the San Joaquin, The Lewis Family, Druha Trava, John Hartford, Stoney Lonesome, Peter Ostroushko, Dave Para and Cathy Barton, Norman and Nancy Blake, The Rarely Herd, Jay Ungar and Molly Mason, Bill Grant and Delia Bell, Grandpa Jones and too many more to name.

The only reason I named the ones I did, is because those are the ones I cut my teeth on growing up.

I am fortunate in the fact that my Mom had a wide variety of tastes when it came to music. I know and love more Motown than any semi-middle aged white guy from Suburbia, USA has a right.

One enigma from my younger days is John Denver. I love his stuff, and own a lot of it, because my Mom listened to him. He's not straight country, but he's not straight folk, either.

Musical Interlude:

I've been lately thinking

About my life's time

All the things I've done

And how its been.

And I can't help believing

In my own mind

I know I'm gonna hate to see it end.

I've seen a lot of sunshine

Slept out in the rain

Spent a night or two all on my own (Amen, John ::)

I've known my ladys pleasures

Had myself some friends

And spent a time or two in my own home.

And I have to say it now

Its been a good life all in all

Its really fine

To have a chance to hang around

And lie there by the fire

And watch the evening tire

While all my friends and my old lady

Sit and pass the pipe around

And talk of poems and prayers and promises

And things that we believe in

How sweet it is to love someone

How right it is to care

How long its been since yesterday

And what about tomorrow

And what about our dreams

And all the memories we share

The days they pass so quickly now

Nights are seldom long

And time around me whispers when it's cold

The changes somehow frighten me

Still I have to smile

It turns me on to think of growing old

For though my life's been good to me

There's still so much to do

So many things my mind has never known

I'd like to raise a family

I'd like to sail away

And dance across the mountains on the moon ( :thumbsup:)

I have to say it now

It's been a good life all in all

It's really fine

To have the chance to hang around

And lie there by the fire

And watch the evening tire

While all my friends and my old lady

Sit and pass the pipe around

And talk of poems and prayers and promises

And things that we believe in

How sweet it is to love someone

How right it is to care