Tell me there are some Ween fans here

The_Coz

Hey guys, new to the board and liking it so far. I was just wondering what everyones thoughts were on Ween. Multitalented musicians who don't care what anyone thinks. I applaud anyone who does their own thing. Hell it's why I like Van Morrison so much. But Ween's sarcastic take on EVERY musical genre is absolutely amazing. Discuss.

Ha, no not at all. Ween are a couple of guys Dean and Gene Ween (not their real names. They are master musicians who do EVERY style. From metal to punk to raggae, on every album. But with oddball lyrics and tones. I think they're brilliant, they've had a record deal since they were 14! Alot of people don't know them, I just wanted to see how many people here knew 'em.

That's the newest one. I like it, they're on their own record label. In their own studio, total do-it-yourselfers. It's kind of funny becaue that's how I first got into ween, I found "GodweenSatan" at the library. Give it a listen, post what you think.

I just listened to Quebec, and I didn't like it very much. Some of the songs were really good, but they seemed kind of like they were going for "jack of all trades, master of none." My favorite song was "Hey There Fancy Pants." It's hilarious!

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed White Pepper - Ween seemed to cover a very diverse range of styles well. It's quite trippy listening to a beautiful ballad (Back to Basom) followed by a brutally heavy number (the Grobe) and then a Steely Dan imitation (Pandy Fackler - but since when have Steely Dan released songs with lyrics about oral sex) Then there's Bananas and Blow, so very like Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville, except that Ween's lyrics are about cocaine instead of margaritas.

I've yet to hear Quebec.