Big Mess this Weekend

Carl

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this very moment the site is running fantascially well, 8:42pm Australian time. I tried to get in earlier at about 4pm but a message came up about technical probs and that they were being attended to. Seems as though the major problem has been resolved (for the moment anyways).

I am also having the same prob as Foxy and Gis with the no new posts/threads showing up on the main index. Other than that, the site is flying!! ::

Funny... I could get into the site while searching in Google for "songfacts"... don´t even remember the page... but the main page says it´s out of reach for awhile...

Now, that´s exactly what I did: I went to Google and searched "songfacts", and I clicked on one of the pages (there were three or more...), I got "my home"... I logged in as usual... and here I am, posting... The main page is not working as I tried to go there and I read the site is off line while the mess is on or so... so I went to "Search" and put any word ("you" or "guitar") and it brought me to the boards...

Anyways, I´m not posting until everybody´s back... I´m just telling this in case it helps. It goes full speed. See you! :) :) :)

I remember where I clicked... I wrote "profile for edna" and it worked. Then I logged in, used the search function and got to all the threads.

Good luck with the setting and thanks!

Server problems continue, and we're making a big push to fix them. Over the last few days, I rebuilt a database, tried about 100 different configurations, took down the boards for a while to see what would happen and asked for help from 3 different developers. We still don't know what's wrong, but we are getting closer. Here's one thing I know for sure:

We're going to try a new message boards system. It will look a lot like this system, but should be faster and much more stable. All posts and user info will be imported, although I think private messages will be lost.

I'll keep you guys updated on what's going on. I can't blame anyone for getting frustrated and not coming back, but I can assure you that a lot of effort is being put into getting the site working consistently and moving to message boards that will take us well into the future.