Big Mess this Weekend

Carl

I agree RJS.

This place is free, and sometimes it's annoying to hear "oh, it's so slow! I can't get in! Waaaaa". Yea? So? Is complaining going to make it any faster?

I could see complaining if we were paying a fee for the site.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last few days, it's been impossible to get into songfacts in the mornings before I go to work

( San Diego time). The late afternoons and early evening I seem to be able to read threads and post.

Does the amount of internet traffic have an effect on the server ?

jr, it's not necessarily complaining - the administrators need to made aware of the fact that the site isn't working for some people. otherwise the problem would never get fixed. it's not like people are unfairly criticising - the only reason people are upset when the server doesn't work is because they love the site so much - that's not such a bad thing!

jr wrote:

"I logged in and went to the forums, and when I clicked on Music Discussion, and the screen came up saying I had to login in again."

That is useful.

"The site is slow, I couldn't get in for days."

That isn't.

Gotta disagree with ya there jr.

Having to sign in twice is a minor inconvenience compared with not being able to log in at all.

Sure, we don't pay for this site, and we're thankful that the administrators are able to keep it free whether it be from advertisers or out of their own pockets.

Either way, the administrators are footing the bill and should be aware of any server problems. I don't think they would want to pay good money for a server that doesn't function well without knowing about it.

With all the hard work they put into it, I'm sure they would welcome any feedback (including comments about the server not performing up to par) so they can resolve the problem.

A big thumbs up :thumbsup: to the administrators for not complaining about our comments and understanding that we only mean well when we do comment on the site's performance whether it be positive or negative.

:thumbsup:

I guess adminis know about the mess just as everybody, if it doesn´t work for us it doesn´t work for them neither... just as all the strange things it does, like eating posts, showing error page, etc.

So we all must be patient... :P or at least, that´s what I believe...

Do I? :shades:

It is important for you guys to let us know if things are screwy. With a site this size that handles all this traffic, there are a variety of things that can go wrong. It takes a lot of experimentation and learning to get it running smoothly.

Dear Sir ,

Could you change the title : Annonymous Unregistered Users to ' Annonymous Unregistered Annoying Users ' ? ( What's a few letters , anyway ? ) Are they a part of the congestion ? As well , ( my fantasy, perhaps) can you block them , if and when , registered users are trying to get in ? What good is a 'club' if you can't descriminate against those who are not members, anyway ? Hrummph !

Kevin Yellowfin

Seems like the `problem is getting to the message boards. I can get the home page as well as random songfacts, browse by tittle, etc., but not the message bards. And it´s pretty hard to post too...

Hope things get better soon.

I've had troubles all week. Could the volume of unregistered users be a problem? Maybe the long history on some of the forum threads. Is it possible to delete threads with no activity over a certain period of time? (45 days??)

These are just possibilities and I'm sure you've thought through them, but you never know what will end up resolving the problems.

Is there something we can do to help apart of being patient? Click on the underlines, buy through Amazon, trying not to get into the site for awhile, I don´t know... RonJon made some good suggestions but as I don´t understand nada about servers&forums&so, maybe there´s also some way for us to help geting songfacts back to normal...? We really miss the site... :P

I´ve been in songfacts for less than a year but it seems to me this one is the longest mess I´ve seen... I have all kind of troubles, but main one is I can´t get into the boards. I am not often home these days so I don´t try to connect very often, but I do it in the morning and at night and I see very few people are posting.At this time it works, but very slow. The new posts don´t show on the list of threads like before.

Well, hope this goes better soon... :P

Do you know what´s hapening?

As from a few minutes ago it is running like a bomb! Everyone, post quick!! :coolio:

The real problems I had were time outs trying to get from the home page to the message boards, timing out when trying to open forums, 404 errors and a few MySql errors.

Thanks for trying to get things sorted out lately, whatever you have just done seems to have solved it for me for now! :thumbsup: