US vs UK

Batman

Like I said earlier, America created rock, but UK was better at it.

I've decided instead of comparing individual bands, I am going to compare genres started by each country. A good band can come from anywhere, but a genre is usually pretty indicative of the area.

(note: Some of the listed genres are not liked by myself)

US: Rock N Roll, Blues, Jazz, Country, Soul, Funk, Swing, Psychadelic, Grunge, Punk, Folk, Country Rock (or as it is most commonly known, Southern Rock)

UK: Heavy Metal, Techno, Electropop, errr...that's all I can think of.

As far as genres go, US wins. But more of my favorite hard rock bands (my favorite genre) come from the UK.

Like I said earlier, America created rock, but UK was better at it.

I've decided instead of comparing individual bands, I am going to compare genres started by each country. A good band can come from anywhere, but a genre is usually pretty indicative of the area.

(note: Some of the listed genres are not liked by myself)

US: Rock N Roll, Blues, Jazz, Country, Soul, Funk, Swing, Psychadelic, Grunge, Punk, Folk, Country Rock (or as it is most commonly known, Southern Rock)

UK: Heavy Metal, Techno, Electropop, errr...that's all I can think of.

As far as genres go, US wins. But more of my favorite hard rock bands (my favorite genre) come from the UK.

I think Psychadelic is a tie.

For the UK has: Pink Floyd, Yes, The Yardbirds, Traffic, and if you want you could add The Stones and The Beatles to the list.

For the US has: The Grateful Dead, Hendrix, The Doors, Iron Butterfly, Jefferson Airplane, The Byrds, Love.