Quiz May 2005

This was a pretty good quiz, and an Aimee Mann prize pack was up for grabs along with the T-shirt. If you haven't heard her new CD, it's definitely worth a listen - The Forgotten Arm.

Louise from Birmingham, England wins the clean and comfortable T-shirt, as well as the Aimee Mann prize pack - her CD The Forgotten Arm and her live DVD.

Here are the answers:

• What famous band released 2 consecutive albums with titles that were 4-digit numbers?
    - Van Halen
    1984 and 5150

• What famous band that started in the '60s smashed their equipment after most of their shows?
    - The Who

• What hit from 2004 has the same name as a famous movie from the '50s.
    - "Vertigo" by U2

• What famous band changed the spelling of their name so they could get the domain name?
    - Linkin Park

• What musician has been in movies with Elizabeth Hurley, George Clooney, Jennifer Connelly and Jennifer Lopez?
    - Ice Cube

• What song is a tribute to Marvin Gaye and Jackie Wilson?
    - Nightshift by The Commodores

• Name a popular group for each of the following that has a hyphen (-) in their name:
    Girl group from the '60s
    Rock group from the '70s
    Rock group from the '90s and '00s.
    - The Shangri-Las, Bachman-Turner-Overdrive, Blink-182.
    This is where it gets a little subjective. We gave full credit for T-Rex, and partial credit for Sleater-Kinney. A lot of people got The Shangri-Las.

• What Jewish singer wrote a religious rock song that was a hit in the '70s?
    - Norman Greenbaum - "Spirit In The Sky"
    Cat Stevens and Bob Dylan were popular guesses.

• What acapella song became a hit when a dance beat was added to it 3 years later?
    - "Tom's Diner" by Suzanne Vega

• What still-active British band lost their guitarist when he disappeared in 1995?
    - The Manic Street Preachers
    Richey Edwards disappeared, but his body was never recovered.

Thanks to everyone who took the quiz, and be sure to take the new one

here.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to officially announce I will win this month.

I have all ten right, have guessed the exact number of participants, and even remembered to turn it in this month. You will see at the top of the list:

Dave, from Newark, De.

It's in the bank.

I would like to announce that I have attempted the quiz for my very first time....I have a question though....I did the quiz when the site was having some problems, so I'm not sure if it got through, so is there a way to find out? do I do the quiz again??? sorry to be a pain, but I've never done the quiz before....I dont think I did very good anyways =:P

I would like to officially announce I will win this month.

I have all ten right, have guessed the exact number of participants, and even remembered to turn it in this month. You will see at the top of the list:

Dave, from Newark, De.

how right he turned out to be!! although technically his name wasn't at the *top* of the list...! :P

It's in the bank.