Longest one word song title

Mike

Similar kind of thing - longest words in titles:

- The un-hyphenated award goes to The Contours' - "Just A Little Misunderstanding" (16 letter word).

- Legitimate hyphenation is seen in John Williams' - "Theme From E.T. (The Extra-Terrestrial) (16 letters).

- Longest one-word title: Cliff Richard's "Congratulations" (15 letter word).

- Disqualified for being daft!: Prince & The Revolution - "Anotherloverholenyohead" (23 letters) and Gilbert O'Sullivan "Ooh-Wakka-Doo-Wakka-Day" (19-lettered 'word').

- Double-daft: Diana Ross "Doobedood'ndoobe Doobedood'ndoobe" (two 15-lettered words).

- Nice try but not a real word (yet!): Red Hot Chili Peppers "Californication" (15)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Coz, are you also a Funkadelic fan? I think they are just great! I love how they are able to play funk while using heavy guitars. That album (One Nation) is probably their best. I don't know where modern music would be without them (quite possibly in a better place, actually, but that doesn't matter because they ROCKED!!!:rockon:)

Medley: Intro Venus/Sugar Sugar/No Reply/I'll Be Back/Drive My Car/Do You Want To Know a Secret/We Can Work It Out/I Should Have Known Better/Nowhere Man/You're Going To Lose That Girl/Stars on 45.

What happened is there was an illegal recording of a Beatles medley being played in clubs in Holland. Eggermont (Club owner) recruited some musicians to record the songs to make it legitimate. Think about the publishing rights and royalties. The publishers insisted that every title of every song represented be printed on the label of the song.

Or

"I?m a Cranky Old Yank in a Clanky Old Tank on the Streets of Yokohama with my Honolulu Mama Doin? Those Beat-o, Beat-o Flat-On-My-Seat-o, Hirohito Blues" - Hoagy Carmichael

Jeremiah Peabody's Poly Unsaturated Quick Dissolving Fast Acting Pleasant Tasting Green and Purple Pills." - Ray Stevens

As for longest word in a song I think its:

"Taumatawhakatangihangakoayayauotamateaturipukakapi kimaungahoronukypokaiwhenuakitanatahymatakooatanan ookawamickitoura"

It is 116 letters long and is a Maori placename.

It means "A hill whereon was played a flute of Tamatea, circumnavigator of lands for his lady love"

It was included in Quantum Jump's hit "The Lone Ranger".

Band name?

The Clouds That Fondle Jagged Crags And Raging Storms Conspire And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead.

I think...

I ripped that from another forum I post on, the post was by me.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...