Classic guitar and Latin inspired songs

Clicky! Great for BMX fans too!

I've been watching some awesome BMX clips and love the music they've been using! It's like Spanish/Latino classic guitar, and I was hoping someone might recognise the song or the style in the clip and point me towards similar sounding songs and/or artists.

Very chilled, sensual, holiday kind of music, and I love classic guitar too!

:guitar:

Personal recommendations anyone? I'd prefer vocal-free songs, or ones with limited vocals. Thanks guys!

sue you have got to check out roderigo y gabriela. they are amazing!!! they gig alot in ireland. they play spanish guitar, totally instrumental and they often use little hooks from well known songs but in a latin style. they're bringing out an album of metallica covers actually! you should definitely try and get hold of some of their stuff, i think it's exactly what you're looking for!

Brazilian Bossa Nova is diverse and extremely satisfying for listening. The guitar work is as complex and enjoyable as anything out there right now.

Angelique Kidjo has an album titled "Black Ivory Soul" that explores the African influence in Latino music that spawned the Brazilian sound. Not a bad track on that entire album. Great duet with Dave Matthews on there too! Highly recommend it for someone who wants to spend some time away from R&R, but not get too far away from music that makes you want to move.

If you like Ottmar Liebert, I highly recommend Govi, particularly his Guitar Odyssey and Passion and Grace CD's. Very romantic and relaxing music.

Robert Michaels, Oscar Lopez, The Gipsy Kings and the aforementioned Jesse Cook and Paco de Lucia are well worth checking out.

:thumbsup: