Jeff Buckley

i remember

Jeff Buckley is an astounding musician with a sincerely beautiful voice... he loveD music, lived music, & died way to fast... but it was a noble & innocent death.... check out his father Tim Buckley as well, beautiful... Jeff's most known for his album Grace, but theres soooo much more of him scattered out there, so find him, & let his music change you.

earth-angel is right, i absolutely worship jeff! i own everything of his ever released, both before and after his death. i listen to him everyday! he was so beautiful and had such an incredible voice. he wrote amazing lyrics as well and i feel it is a great loss to the world that we weren't able to hear more of him. a few of my friends had the amazing good luck of meeting with and playing with him, of which i am incredibly jealous! the closest i've gotten is meeting his mother and a few vivid dreams where i've woken up convinced that he came to me! i guess you could say it's bordering on obsession, but it's just that my life has been changed by finding jeff's music. i've become a far more happy and peaceful person since i began listening to him and i'm grateful every day for the beautiful music he left behind.

• 11 months later...

I recently bought "Grace" because of the mentions that it got on this forum. I waited until I could listen to it undisturbed to give it my full attention.....well, at the risk of being hated, I didn't like it. With all due respect to his fans on the board, I found the songs overly long and whiny, and I couldn't understand a word of it. Strange that I'd think that, since I like REM and Dave Matthews and those acts tend to be whiny and undecipherable.

Maybe being a mother has changed my attention span, maybe I just don't "get" it, but in any case, it just wasn't my cup of tea.

If anyone thinks I am totally off my rocker (and you're probably right) and is interested in it, I will send you my copy. PT me with your address.

I will try again, Rachel. I think that the problem is that I can't just sit and listen to music. I always need to be doing something else. I listened to this in the car, so that probably wasn't the best environment....

it may seem harsh but my love of jeff is not just a hobby, it's a way of life. so by disliking him you are essentially stamping on my heart and disrespecting my culture. definitely a bit more grovelling required... or at least another few listens to the album before you go shipping it off to someone else!

I promise I will give it at least a few more listens before I write it off. I owe my fellow SFers who like him at least that much, and I retract my offer to send it off.

I definitely didn't mean to offend anyone, so I'm sorry that I offended you, Gisela.

I'm not much of a drinker, but yes, I will try to listen to it again when I can sit quietly and really concentrate on it. May not happen for a while.

Actually, this kind of feedback is what I was looking for...not the offending someone part, but suggestions as to how to better try to appreciate it.

But yes, I still enjoy my cheesy '80's music very much :)