Love and Agony (poem)

CaptainMikeRS

This is another poem I composed after the recent events with Jenny and her parents.

Just a general note too, all my works are copywritten by Fictionpress before they get here, hence why I put it under the work's title.

Love and Agony

(Written May 14, 2005

by Mike R. Smale

© 2005)

Born again was the love

that watched fools step

twice into fiery death.

But love must wither

as leaves and grass in

the fall- for only

the strong will strive

winter's hard gait.

This season, when leaves

crumble- so will it be

with the heart; a body

weaker than the mind,

and feeling must call

to the end and be relieved.

Only then must one look

back to see the way

which had been lost forever,

and to see what has been gained.

Then press on to die again.

I'm so sorry to hear about the recent troubles with Jenny's folks, Mike. All your poems for her and about her have been so loving and touching, I only hope that things can be resolved for you both :(

Thank you for providing copyright information, I hope that everyone realises that all work posted on here is original and is not for personal use unless permission is given by the writer and credited to them to their specifications.

I'm so sorry to hear about the recent troubles with Jenny's folks, Mike. All your poems for her and about her have been so loving and touching, I only hope that things can be resolved for you both :(

Sadly we'll never see nor hear from one another ever again. Tonight we had our last talk online, I tried to fix it but nothing would work. We even had plans on going to the same college by chance, but once her parents found out I was going there she'll most likely not be allowed to. And all I can say is losing a friend is millions of times more painful than the ending of a romantic relationship.