Worst Singing voices

scott

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some of my favorite Hendrix lyrics.

Red House - Jimi Hendrix

There's a Red House over yonder

That's where my baby stays

There's a Red House over yonder, baby

That's where my baby stays

Well, I ain't been home to see my baby,

in ninety nine and one half days.

'Bout time I see her,

Wait a minute something's wrong here

The key won't unlock the door.

Wait a minute something's wrong baby,

Lord, have mercy, this key won't unlock this door,

something's goin' on here.

I have a bad bad feeling

that my baby don't live here no more.

That's all right, I still got my guitar

Look out now . . .

I might as well go on back down

go back 'cross yonder over the hill

I might as well go back over yonder

way back over yonder 'cross the hill,

(That's where I came from.)

'Cause if my baby don't love me no more,

I know her sister will!

:laughing:

Britney is really hard to listen to. Easy to watch, hard to listen to.

my brother likes this band called Newfound Glory, and the lead singer has a very bad voice. It sounds like he is trying to hit high notes while still singing with his chest voice rather than head voice (something I learned in music class in grade school) so it ends up sounding really whiny.

William Hung isn't too good at singing either :laughing:

I also don't think Ozzy Osbourne is a great singer, he has some great guitarists though, and his sound is unique. Without his voice Black Sabbath might not have been as succesful. I read in Rolling Stone the basis of their songs was to scare people, and Ozzy has a scary voice

Wow, I haven't been here for a while, and my anything overated topic went 4 pages!

• 2 months later...

Britney is really hard to listen to. Easy to watch, hard to listen to.

I'm not even sure about the "easy to watch" bit. All that tossing of hair...and pouting....Am I missing something? I just don't 'get' any part of Britney 'package'.

Simon Le Bon - sorry Simon, but Duran Duran would've been big if somebody else sang instead.

Regards

Diggs, I have just fallen out of my chair and hit the floor. I cry sacrilege, you blasphemer! ::

Ok, I have calmed down a bit. Diggs, I love you, but I love DD more. I love all things Duran, and especially all things LeBon. My goodness, you have struck a chord in me. I'm going to go listen to "The Chauffer" and try to block this negativity from my mind... ::

Everyone has just about covered all of mine. Others I can think of:

Billy Joe Armstrong (Green Day)- I can bear one or two songs- but something about it really irritates....

Liam Gallagher- I like some of the songs- but I don't think his voice is anything special.

That's odd. I like Liam Gallaghers voice. That's Oasis right

Sorry TP, but it must be the first time a chord has been struck regarding Mr LeBon!

Regards

Diggs, that can't be true, can it? I remember Duran Duran being HUGE here in the US back in the 80s. Were they not that popular in the UK? I just can't imagine it. Maybe they were just big where I was, but every time I turned on the radio or MTV in the 80s, they were on.

LONG LIVE DURAN DURAN...and Simon LeBon! :laughing:

Can I somehow blame this on your wife's pregnant hormones? ::

TP, Duran Duran were massive here too, at the same time as Spandau Ballet (featuring Tony 'pub singer' Hadley) and others of the ilk. I never liked Mr LeBon's voice, probably because all the girls at my school did. My favourite band of the new romantic gendre was Japan, even if David Sylvian did look like a big girl's blouse.

Sorry to insult your hero. He was a top man in a couple of respects though - cracking videos and a liking for Ducati 888 motorcycles.

Regards

Avril...Not only does she NOT have a great singing voice, her lyrics are crap & her performance is boring.

I think I just have more respect for people when they are as great or even BETTER in live performances. This, to me, is the true test of an artist's or group's talent and ability. Because we ALL know, studio effects ie. echo, fade, making the voice appear to be twice as powerful than what it really is, can do wonders for the less than talented.

I have noticed that some people really just don't care if a performer or group is terrible during a live concert. They are just happy that they are there...which is kind of cute in a naive way. :angel: But I myself will then see them in a whole new light if they lack talent on stage.

Oh god Opiate you brought up bad memories about when Avril played SNL (twice, the first one gives me indigestion just thinking about it, the second one, while awful, was better than the first)

That was one of the worst musical performances on SNL I have ever seen (even *shudders* Good Charrolette did better than her)

How have you guys failed to mention Stevie Nicks? Her voice is the most annoying thing next to all that punk crap. I don't know what the band or song is called, but there is that part where the guy goes "I'd do anything" and he does it in that whiny strained voice. It makes me nautious it is so annoying.

Simon Le Bon - sorry Simon, but Duran Duran would've been big if somebody else sang instead.

Regards

What? D2 is HUGE and completely dwarfs most of the other acts in their genre of music. He has a decent voice when compared to other choices made in this topic.