Worst Singing voices

scott

Okay I went through and didn't see any posts like this(except for best voices, but it seems like negatives always generate more conversation just look at the anything overrated posts :jester:), so please don't accuse me of robbing someones post, now these are voices that if you hear their song on the radio you just have to turn it off their voice is so God awful

Here are mine

Axl Rose( its like God set it on permenant screech)

Celine Deion

Barbara Streisand

-probably think of more later

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Bolton

Sammy Hagar

Bruce Springsteen

Joe Elliot

Phil Collins

Ozzy Osbourne

Bryan Adams

Geddy Lee

Tom Petty

Bob Dylan

James Hetfield

Brian Johnson

Ringo Starr

Axel Rose

Tom Keifer

Vince Neil

Dee Snider

Cher

Alanis Morrissette

Patti LaBelle

Cyndi Lauper

Wow...I guess Catherine has covered all of them! LOL! (just kidding Catherine) :laughing:

Mine would have to be:

Niel Young (sorry Amy)

Celione Dion

Belinda Carlile on her own & with The Go-Go's(she is WAY tone deaf)

John Melencamp

Shaquera (in English she sucks/in Spanish she's better)

I know I have a lot more...drawing a blank right now though...

I'd debate some of the previous listings, but I really don't have time.

I second the nomination for William HUng (I cannot stand that guy!). I also nominate Missy Elliot, Fred Durnst and also suggest "Just Like A Woman" is Bob Dylan's worst singing performance since his first LP. It is terrible!

Michael Bolton

Sammy Hagar

Bruce Springsteen

Joe Elliot

Phil Collins

Ozzy Osbourne

Bryan Adams

Geddy Lee

Tom Petty

Bob Dylan

James Hetfield

Brian Johnson

Ringo Starr

Axel Rose

Tom Keifer

Vince Neil

Dee Snider

Cher

Alanis Morrissette

Patti LaBelle

Cyndi Lauper

i think you have killed some of the greatest singers of our time, although i agree with you on most. Some singers are known for the way they sing, Ozzy, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen! You gotta respect them! I guess it is all about our taste as listeners, these ppl must appeal to someone.

It isn't that I do not like their music; there are so many songs by these artists that I love, excluding the poster child for Exlax, Michael Bolton. I just think that their singing voices aren't as good as their songs, and that they'd sound even worse singing outside the studio - like perhaps in the shower.

Catherine, your list includes several Grammy winners, and a bunch of Platinum album recipients. How would you explain their have the worst voices. The general public would'nt agree I guess. But you go girlfriend, you are entitled to your oppinions!

I can think of a few like:

1. Chris Kristoffersen, Great Song writer though he should'nt attempt to sing at all.

2. Yoko Ono, definately not a singer!

3. Myself, even in the shower; unless my sweetie be there, and it's all good. I'd be singing in keys I never knew existed.

4. Bob Dylan is an aquired taste, who acctually has/had a good singing voice, but chose a style that made him rich. (explain that one)?.

5. Celine Dionne actually has an incredible voice. Why do people pick on her so?

6. Nobody that I have noticed posting here picked "Blondie", who looked incredible in her birthday suit at one time, but actually is only a descent casual singer.

7. Neal Young. An aquired taste, but several million dollars richer because of that unique voice, incredible song writing abilities, and a gift with the guitar that is God worthy.

8. Michael Bolton can't sing! Sister the music might not be your choice, but you got to lay off the Crack Pipe!

9. What about the late great Roy Orbison? Alot of people would say: Who stepped on the cat? But what a talent to millions.

10.How about Brian Setzer? The Stray Cats gigs? I liked it, but could be construed as bad.

11. Dwight Yokum, who I think is amazing, but I know a great multitude that would stop after a step and hurl.

12. Finally Willie Nelson. What a great entertainer, but can he really sing. I personally like some individuallity, and a unique voice like his, and you can't deny the millions of fans who like his stuff.

Dwight Yokum, who I think is amazing, but I know a great multitude that would stop after a step and hurl.

Geeter, that is funny. :: The greatest thing I have ever heard about Dwight is Sharon Stone calling him "as boring as a dirt sandwich". Not that I think Sharon is a poster child for positive personality traits, but still pretty darned amusing!

:laughing:

The whiny-voiced 15 year old girl who sings the chorus on "Run Joey Run". You must remember this, like you remember a root canal: "Daddy please don't it wasn't his fault he means so much to me. Daddy please don't we're gonna get married just you wait and see."

The greatest thing I have ever heard about Dwight is Sharon Stone calling him "as boring as a dirt sandwich".
:stars:

Unusual analogy she uses there as I've a much different vision of what a dirt sandwich truly is and it's anything but boring. :angel:

She can't possibly be talking about his flawless This Time CD but obviously once around with him was the last time for her. ::

Everyone has just about covered all of mine. Others I can think of:

Billy Joe Armstrong (Green Day)- I can bear one or two songs- but something about it really irritates....

Nick Cave- Enjoy his collaborations most for some reason- but I can't listen to more than 3 songs of him at once

Liam Gallagher- I like some of the songs- but I don't think his voice is anything special.

Jonathon Donahue (Mercury Rev)- I have one LP- 'All Is Dream' and while I thought each song was good when listened to separately- but I shall be foolish and ask why he persists to sing so high. It's bizarre. Could someone tell me if he does this on all the MR's LPs??