Age cutoff for Hollaback Girl

Carl

How old are you allowed to be and still like "Hollaback Girl" by Gwen Stefani ? I'm thinking that since Gwen is dressed up like a cheerleader in the video, she must be either very young at heart or going through the kind of midlife crisis that's on the cover on Time magazine this week. All we know for sure is that her s--t is bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

Here's my rule:

If you were born after October 3, 1969 (Gwen Stefani's birthday), you are allowed to like the song. Otherwise, you're best suited listening to Rob Thomas.

There's no age cutoff for anything that catches your ear. The lyrics are about a girlfight at a high school, which is a strange topic for someone in their '30's to sing about, but I think it's a fun song, nontheless.

I'm not sure what a "hollaback girl" is, but I'm guessing from the lyrics is that it's a girl who hollers insults back at whoever's hollering them at her??????

*click* realization. This is too funny. For the last couple of weeks, I have been hearing this song being played (and hated it). But I thought she was saying "I ain't no hall effect girl". Now, due to the fact that I earn my living in the electrical field, "Hall Effect" is (cut and paste, please)

If an electric current flows through a conductor in a magnetic field, the magnetic field exerts a transverse force on the moving charge carriers which tends to push them to one side of the conductor. This is most evident in a thin flat conductor as illustrated. A buildup of charge at the sides of the conductors will balance this magnetic influence, producing a measurable voltage between the two sides of the conductor. The presence of this measurable transverse voltage is called the Hall effect after E. H. Hall who discovered it in 1879.

Note that the direction of the current I in the diagram is that of conventional current, so that the motion of electrons is in the opposite direction. That further confuses all the "right-hand rule" manipulations you have to go through to get the direction of the forces.

Leaving me to think, "how in the hell can she be a 'hall effect' girl.

Too funny.

Ken.

Well, I was born in the age limit, and the song is pure evil to someone's ears. I would have been funny if it'd showed her reading out of an dictionary spelling B_A_N_A_N_A_S. Did I even spell it right? What's with the chinese chicks? And Gwen looks like a girl who WOULD yell back. Or not. And Rob Thomas is good. I guess I just have issues(Actually, I do, because that's and album title from Korn, and I have it)

I'll shut up now. :rockon: :rockon:

]

Here's my rule:

If you were born after October 3, 1969 (Gwen Stefani's birthday), you are allowed to like the song. Otherwise, you're best suited listening to Rob Thomas.

If you graduated the 8th grade you AREN'T allowed to liek the song. I would hope by the time people hit high school they have developed some taste