Muppets and music...

josef

"It's Not Easy Being Green" speaks to all children who feel different or left out. It reminds us that we should love ourselves and each other, different or not.

Excuse me, can you hand me a tissue? I have something in my eye. Sniff, sniff.

Greetings, Kermit the Frog here

And today I'd like to tell you a little bit about the color green

Do you know what's green

Well I am for one thing

You see frogs are green, and I'm a frog

And that means that I'm green, you see

It's not that easy being green

Having to spend each day the color of the leaves

When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow, or gold

Or something much more colorful like that

It's not easy being green

It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things

And people tend to pass you over

'Cause you're not standing out

Like flashy sparkles in the water

Or stars in the sky

But green's the color of spring

And green can be cool and friendly-like

And green can be big like a mountain

Or important like a river

Or tall like a tree

When green is all there is to be

It could make you wonder why

But why wonder why wonder

I am green, and it'll do fine

It's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be

The Henson folks clearly had clever musical minds. Notice there's a guy in the band named Floyd who is Pink. There's been some debate over who inspired Animal. It may have been Keith Moon, but he has a strong resemblence to Mick Fleetwood.

Muppet trivia:

Who is the only Muppet with human hands?

I don't know the answer to your question carl, but yourpost reminded me of a scene in the commitments where thye're trying out a new drummer and they ask him who his influences are and he says animal. jimmy says 'who?' and he replies 'animal, from the muppets!'

Peachy, is that your way of answering Carl's question? Cause the only muppet that had human hands was the Swedish Chef (he's my favorite!) ::

Actually, what I meant to say was this:

Peechy, is thet yuoor vey ooff unsvereeng Cerl's qooesshun? Coose-a zee oonly mooppet thet hed hoomun hunds ves zee Svedeesh Cheff (he's my fefureete-a!)

Peechy, is thet yuoor vey ooff unsvereeng Cerl's qooesshun? Coose-a zee oonly mooppet thet hed hoomun hunds ves zee Svedeesh Cheff (he's my fefureete-a!)

Excellent Elvy! Something tells me there're a lot more Muppets in your very near future. Now, sing with me..."Sunnnnny day, chasing the....clouds awayyyy". :guitar:

Elvy, yes, thet ves my intenshun. I'm surry it ves nut mure-a cleer. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp!

Translation courtesy of The Dialectizer

C is for cookie, that's good enough for me

OH

Cookie, cookie, cookie start with C

Short and simple and a terrible earworm!!!!!! My daughter loves it, though.

I loved that Muppets Tonite Show... It's just sooo unfortunate that they took it off the air. My favorite episode was the one with Sandra Bullock. It's the one where Gonzo introduces Sid Knishes and the MOSH PIT-Tatoes. It was frigging AWESOME!!!!!! Then SID gets up there on stage and says This one goes out to my old mate Johnny AUGRATIN!! Then with a punk rock attitude and a Cockney accent sings a thrashing punk song (dedicated to his friend Johny Au Gratin), while other potatoes mosh in front of him. Everyone in the control booth is dancing along until Gonzo realizes the moshing potatoes have turned into mashed potatoes. Clifford tells Rizzo to, one, get somebody else on stage, two, get Sandra back downstairs, and three, get him a bowl of those mashed potatoes from onstage. Everyone is diving off of things and Clifford and the control room guys are head bangin. IT is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

=:P

• 2 years later...

Bumping this (wow, it's old!) because I posted some Emmett Otter stuff in the interview section and got sucked into you tube :blush:

Remember all the musical guest stars? They aired some irreverent stuff that parents today would FREAK about!

A couple faves of mine:

Alice Cooper ~ Welcome to My Nightmare

and a smoking/drinking Muppet :shocked: These guys have human hands, too....creepy!

Kenny Rogers ~ The Gambler