Hi Fidelity

josef

Not one of John Cuasack's best films. Although I do love it for all the music references that it brings in. There are some very true to form artists that rock out on the soundtrack, as well as some great minute music triva that gets mentioned.

I was stoked when I went back and watched it and they were talking about the band Belle and Sebastian. I flipped out. There are so many miniscule details that you can always pick up something new everytime you watch it.

On the whole: Good movie. Own it. Watch it every now and again.

i saw the film first and loved it!! jack black is magnificent in it and john cusack is perfect for the role. i agree with kat, it's one to be watched again and again, because everytime you see there will be a band mentioned that you've only heard of in the meantime. i read the book afterwards and couldn't stop thinking in a chicage accent which was a bit crap. but the book is great too!!

I guess it was a perfect combination of Jack Black (Fabulous role!!!!), Cusak, John... And Todd Louiso was perfect for playing the part of Dick. I own this movie and have watched it so many times, and I still see things I had missed before.

Love this movie too. Jack Black is great in it, especially in the scene when the middle aged square comes in and asks if they have 'I Just Called To Say I Love You'.

I read the book after seeing the movie, and I liked the book too. Nick Hornby is a good writer.

I guess it was a perfect combination of Jack Black (Fabulous role!!!!), Cusak, John... And Todd Louiso was perfect for playing the part of Dick. I own this movie and have watched it so many times, and I still see things I had missed before.

Don't forget Tim Robins! It was sooo wierd to see him play a scumball like Ian.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Ah I searched for this thread :D. I LOVE High Fidelity! In all it's music-ness! haha. Love Cussack here. Adore the soundtrack. And adding Catzy Jones to the mix is wonderful (I hold very high charm for her<3)! This is a very well made movie mixing two of my favorite topics, music and love haha. Witty, sarcastic, charming, funny, sexy... this movie has it all. For me at least :)