Play any musical instruments?

Batman

I've been listening to alot of analog synth stuff lately...

The Rentals, Of Montreal, Beck, The Faint...It seems to be pretty catchy and stays in your head a while. Maybe it has something to do with the Frequency range burning the signal into your brain? Dunno...

You know? .... Something I have not seen posted yet to my suprise... I have alot of respect for Record Spinners and I haven't really seen alot posted about these guys. An old freind of mine used to spin here around town. At first I was like all putting the skill down as no talent and it's just playing records, but there is alot more to it... These guys are good... It all just has to do with timing and beat. If you know when to slice and que in at the right time then you can do it...But you got to have a sense of rythm to do this. Also you can manipulate the sound from the record by messing with the freq board. It's a very underrated art... I give major props to all the Spinners of the world. Keep on spinning...

In elementary school I played the flute. Wish I had stayed with it as did Herbie Mann, Hubie Laws, et al. I was tough enough to carry it off.

I played cornet for a few months in Jr. High School. They were out of clarinets and trumpets. Hated it. Made my glands hurt. I really wanted to play drums but my parents nixed that. I dabbled later but never took lessons.

In the army a friend taught me to play a little 12 string guitar. I can play Red Rubber Ball, Hang On Sloopy and I can fake my way through the Guitar Boogie Shuffle.

Another friend taught me to play electric organ on the Chapel's organ. Yep, 96 Tears. Jimmy Smith I aint.

I did sing in a doo-wop group for several years. I was fairly good at that. Ever hear Ling Ting Tong? "Kai semoca boom dai yay, kai semoca boo".

the Chapel's organ.
Is that the organ that makes racial slurs?

Speaking of 96 tears, the Vox got out of the shop, and I played 96 tears on it. ? and the Mysterians used a Kustom organ in the studio I think, but they toured with a Vox. It sounds close enough anyway. They're coming to the fireworks this July.

I I finally got round to getting a guitar :happybanana:

I decided on getting a Squire Strat. Black & white she looks the business. I got a fender Frontman 15R amp and it broken on me :(. One minute it was fine and now it broken. I didnt even have it a half hour. Now I gota wait till Saturday before I can bring it back to the shop.

A Squire Strat eh????An o.k. guitar for a beginner to be sure.Sorry to hear about your amp.

I am a total beginner, never picked up any musical instrmunt in my life so I didnt want to go for something to expensive. If im any good I'll deffently be on the look out for something way better perhaps a Fender. But thas a long way off.

I got my amp replaced there was no problem returning it to the shop.

I can play guitar...I've got an Epiphone beginner guitar that came with a little amp right now, but I'm saving up to get a better setup. Reccomendations for amps would be appreciated...I know nothing about them.

As far as I know there are two basic choices.One is a Tube Amp,the other is a Solidstate Amp.There's tons of information on the web covering the subject.Do your research and then you'll have a better idea of what fits your budget and your style of playing.Don't run out and buy a Marshall Stack just because your favorite player uses one onstage.Those can cost a few thousand dollars or more.When not onstage most of these guys practice through a small amp or no amp at all.

My personal preference is the Tube Amp.Maybe solidstate amps are better now,I don't know.But the tube sounds better to me.Solidstate amps usually aren't very heavy.On the other hand the Tube Amps are quite heavy and not so easy to move around.

My brother and me have found quite a few affordable guitars and amps in pawn shops.There is also a lot of junk to be found there as well.Take someone with you who knows what to look for and you won't get stuck with a crap instrument.

I have and old Peavey Classic tube amp with the Tremolo effect built in.My wife bought it at a garage sale for $25.I love that old amp.It has that surf sound like The Ventures.A lot of people hate Peaveys but they are very affordable.I have another Peavey tube amp from a pawn shop.It's a Heritage VTX and it rocks.I have a small Marshall tube amp that is quite old.It doesn't have reverb and that sucks.It is for sale.That doesn't mean I don't like Marshalls because I do.Hendrix used them and I love his sound.All I'm trying to say is you can get something good and not spend a fortune if your careful.

p.s. if anyone here has a Mesa Boogie they'd be willing to "give" me.I'll pay the shipping :happybanana: