Play any musical instruments?

Batman

I'm sure this has been done before, but who plays an instrument here?

I play a few, I play the keyboards (not very well), the electric guitar (well), and the tin whistle (very well, no, amazingly, no, miraculously). As for guitar, I play a black fender stratocaster. For anyone who is wondering what the tin whistle is (commonly called "pennywhistle"), it is an old irish instrument that is like a recorder, only with no back hole. Also, it doesn't sound like crap. If you have ever listened to any traditional irish music, it is the high pitched whistle type thing.

Here are a few examples of tin whistles

This one is upside-down, but you get the idea

11515028.jpg

Silk_Alloy_N_lrg.jpg

I'm pretty good at it now, since I've been playing for 8 years. I also have just started playing the Irish Flute. It's like an american flute, except it is not made of silver, it's made of wood. and it only has six holes. And it has holes, instead of pads. I've got the fingering and notes down, as they are the same as the tin whistle. But the breathing is much different. They are much bigger than pennywhistles. A pennywhistle is about a foot long, as the flutes are about 2 and 1/2 feet long

irish_flute.jpg

I play many and have since I was really young, mostly on toy ones until I could move up to the real thing.

Vocals (Since I was a toddler, of course I was awful then but am told I'm excellent now from everyone who's heard me which is the entire senior class in my school from a tribute tape to my sister)

Bass Guitar (Only a year but I'm equal with my teacher, I have an Ibanez GAXB150 and Fender P-Special with precision and jazz pickups)

Electric Guitar (Only picked it up after my sister passed away and used hers, another year. Fender Stratocaster)

Keyboards (Since I was 7. Casio LK-43, Roland Fantom X8)

Autoharp (Two years, only a basic chordal instrument that you press the stops and strum all the strings to make the chords, simple accompanyment. Oscar Schmidt)

Flute (Since I was 10, played in school band but asthma attack forced me to quit, recently picked it up again. Armstrong)

Harmonica (As long as I can remember, I started on a plastic one before using my Dad's old authentic one. Honher Marine Band, key of B flat)

Irish Tin Whistle (See my entry for Electric Guitar. Company unknown)

In addition to this I am also in a band (many styles, mostly prog-rock and soft rock) and am beginning to play gigs for pay. I am also the only lyricist in the entire group (as well as a poet and novelist).

Rock on!!!!!!! :rockon:

That is fantastic!!

I play the Bass Guitar (Well), Guitar (well), Drums (Not so), Roland Anolog Synth (ok). I can play the Bass line from Tool Schism off Lateralus... It took me a few months to figure out the Intro part ( you know the one with the odd Bass Chords?) I finally realized that ge plays a five string for that song. It was fun though. I can pretty much play anything if I practice it enough. That was probably the hardest I have learned so far. My favorite Bass player is Mark King of Level 42.

:guitar:

I play Keys, Sax, Drums, Guitar, and Bass (neither of those too well, I've never really practiced too seriously with them). My parents own two Strats that I usually just fiddle around with, and a cherry Washburn Bass.

As for Keys, I have some Yamaha digital thing with a huge soundbank. I really want to get my hands on an ARP or Moog synthesizer though. A Hammond B3 is something else I'd love, but I realise that a synthesizer is much more likely. Also, I have a Fender Rhodes, a Vox Jaguar organ, and a Zuckermann Harpsichord (in terrible shape). I've got a Cable spinet-style piano upstairs. It works, but the strings are way too old and out of tune, and the action is less-than-desirable. I've been playing piano since I was 3.

My drumset is white Pearls. Just a standard setup really. Zildjian hi-hat, two Sabian crashes, Paiste ride, and a Ludwig snare. My parents used to have a band and they practiced in our basment. So I would always go down there play the drums, for as long as I can remember.

My sax is a Bundy I Tenor Sax. I also have a Bundy II Alto that I don't really play that often. I've been playing sax for about 6 years now.

Sweeeeeeeeeet... Can you play Smooth Operator by SADE?

I love to play that on my Bass it is sooo smooth....

I play the sax part on my keyboard and jam with my bass while the keyboard plays it back with a Bossa Nova beat. Sweeet sound!!! :afro:

I want to learn to play what woul be a good guitar to start on.

P.s Im am big Gallagher Fan to. I just recently discovered him and buying his cds every week. Whats your fav song of his. Mines "Bad Penny"

I like GARBAGE MAN and BULLFOG BLUES but it's all good.

I said the rest of my guitars were Peaveys but I forgot to mention this one.It's a Ibanez GRX40.It's not the top of the line but it's a great little electric guitar.I highly recommend it for someone just starting out.

i sing, a lot! i absolutely love to sing!! i did music theory classes for years but have never had my voice trained. i've been in shows since the age of three (dancing, acting and singing) and i sing with a band when i'm home in ireland.

i learned the violin for eight years but gave it up aged 16. i was never really into and hardly practised. i managed to get up to grade five though but now i can't even play twinkle twinkle on it - sad really!

i've recently started learning a few songs on guitar and enjoy it although i can't strum!!

i can pick out a tune on the piano. learned for a few years when i was much younger and i can read music which helps!

considering i love music so much i do wish i could play more instruments but what can i say, i'm bone lazy!!

glad the repairman finally called you chris! :)

I want to learn to play what woul be a good guitar to start on.

I'd say something pretty standard, such as a one color fender stratocaster. I wouldn't recomend anything over $100 (I don't know how to convert that to euros), unless you get really into it, or really good. There are tons of freshman beginner guitarists at my school who have a really expensive, nice guitar, and great equipment, even if they aren't very good, or don't play often. No matter what though, if you get tired of playing it, you can pretty easily sell it, since at any given moment, there is probably someone thinking "I'd like to buy a guitar."

I own a Yamaha P120 88 Key Stage Piano with Speakers. Not a whole lotta features to it, but feels like the real thing and it sounds GREAT (as it should considering what I paid). I also got two basses - a five-string Ibanez and a fretless Yamaha - two guitars - an old, acoustic Austin and a new, electric Stagg - bongo drums and a harmonica. Now all I need is the time to practice all of them ::