Bad Cover Songs (remakes)

Batman

How about Elton Johns Remake of his OWN song Goodbye Norma Jean? I mean come on!!! He wrote that for Norma Jean! Not Princess Di!! He just changed the words around. It's like someone gave you a Funeral Wreath, and then when Nobody was looking, he took it back and then re-arranged the name on it to say Goodbye Foofy we'll miss you, and not Joe...WHat tha heck is that ABOUT!!!!

:beady:

Oooooohh Oooooooo Ooooooo I have to say this ONe!!!

Any remake by JOE COCKER... I mean have you HEARD this stuff?

This guy has gone completely MAD!!!!!!

Everybody hurts is the most absolute horrrible Example of this nonsense!!!!!!!!!!

He is totally out of his mind. thats it He has Lost his mind!!!!!!!!!!

:happybanana:

I like Joe Cocker's old stuff, especially from his first few albums. The Letter, Feelin' Alright, With a Little Help From My Friends, She Came In Through the Bathroom Window ... all good to say the least. Haven't listened to the recent material, but like most old rockers he's probably washed-up.

Now, is he mad? Out of his mind? I've seen videos, so I can't argue with that.

Whoever said Madonna's version of "American Pie" got it right. Although, I remember getting plenty p*ssed when I first heard Lenny Kravitz butcher "American Woman." And I never much cared for Clapton's cover of "I Shot the Sheriff" - who said it was alright for Clapton to be the white guy to cover Bob Marley?

Well Cocker seems to be veryyy washed up to say the least.

He covers REM everybody hertz (thats the way he sings it).

I also loved his old hits. I guess the only thing he seems to be hitting nowadays is the crak pipe...