Bad Cover Songs (remakes)

Batman

What are the worst remakes of a song you've ever heard, or heard of?

The two that spring to mind for me are actually ones I've never heard, personally, but sound funny. I heard that Hilary Duff did a cover of "My Generation" and I've also heard that Avril Lavigne did a cover of "Chop Suey" by System of a Down.

I keep hearing this weird pop-rock cover of Simon & Garfunkel's Hazy Shade of Winter, and it's not necessarily bad, it just makes me mad whenever I hear it. I don't even know who it's by, but it's a female lead singer.

Is it the Bangles cover? I think it´s not that bad but sure, if you compare it to the S&G´s original it´s logic not to like it.

Hands down, I would have to say Reba McEntire's mangling of the Everly Brothers' "Cathy's Clown" has to be one of the worst cover versions anywhere! My parents were country music fans and whenever they heard her horrid version, they switched the station!

how about britney "satisfaction"? eek!

tsk tsk tsk.... so sad

Hilary Duff did a cover of "My Generation"

You're kidding?!!!

Bananarama did a Careless Whisper cover that I hear and believe is horrible. Fortunately I haven't heard it

It wasn't a cover but a remix I heard a few years ago. Rush did a horrible second take on Tom Sawyer, to try to capture another generation fan base. It didn't work for either generation....

Rush didn't redo that song, it was covered by some metal group for Small Soldiers and that's the version you hear "remade"

I keep hearing this weird pop-rock cover of Simon & Garfunkel's Hazy Shade of Winter, and it's not necessarily bad, it just makes me mad whenever I hear it. I don't even know who it's by, but it's a female lead singer.

It's by Bangles and I actually like it.

Probably because I heard their version before the original.

Good Lord, that monstrosity Madonna did called "American Pie". Top that.

And I love the Bangles cover of Hazy Shade of Winter. It's gritty, and it rocks.

Let me clarify this: The guitar has a gritty sound that I enjoy. (before anyone jumps me for saying the Bangles are gritty)

jamie cullum's butchering of 'lover, you should've come over' by jeff buckley. this is one of my favourtie songs in the world and jamie cullum's version is just appalling, when i hear it i feel upset, angered and nauseated all at the same time!!!