A little bit country babies.....

RonJonSurfer

Country Music Television (CMT) is scheduled to air "CMT 100 Greatest Duets" in September. The show will, as the title states, count down Country music's best duets of all time. They have announced the following artists set to perform: Kenny Rogers, Trace Adkins, Montgomery Gentry, Clint Black, Lisa Hartman Black, Lee Ann Womack, Joe Nichols, Shooter Jennings, Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton, Crystal Gayle, Travis Tritt, Marty Stuart and Rebecca Lynn Howard, with the Mavericks' Raul Malo serving as musical director.

In related country news, the Academy of Country Music (ACM) is set to air a 40th anniversary concert on May 18th in Las Vegas. This comes one day before the award show, so I imagine all the nominees better be there if they want an award! Scheduled performers are: Alabama, Brooks & Dunn, Merle Haggard, Alan Jackson, Barbara Mandrell, Rascal Flatts, Trisha Yearwood, Kenny Chesney, Reba McEntire, Montgomery Gentry and George Strait. The concert will air in December on CBS, but you can buy tickets now.

I love (almost) all music, country included. There are some fantastic country duets, so I'll be sure to watch that show. I like the fact that most of the performers for the anniversary show are not part of the newest generation, so I might watch that too.