Van Halen - All Van Halens = This tour

RonJonSurfer

Half of Van Halen Still on the Road

United Press International

Van Halen may be moribund since its 2004 reunion tour, but half the band is still hard at work.

Singer Sammy Hagar and bassist Michael Anthony are spearheading a short Cinco de Mayo tour that Anthony describes as one big party. It features Hagar and his own band, the WaboRitas, as well as Los Tres Gusanos, which features Hagar, Anthony and WaboRitas drummer David Lauser.

"Sammy and I really connect", Anthony said. "It's a lifestyle thing. We both like the beach, cars, and we just hit it off great. It's a lot of fun to work together."

Hagar and Anthony were briefly partners in the Cabo Wabo Cantina in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, but Anthony divested after Hagar left Van Halen in 1996. Hagar returned to the group for last year's tour.

As for Van Halen, Anthony says the group is back on hiatus. "I haven't spoken to either of the brothers (Eddie and Alex Van Halen) since we finished the tour. They have not gotten in touch with me about anything. It's kind of sad, because it was great being out there playing again on that level."

The Cinco de Mayo tour stars Friday in Atlantic City, N.J.