Nickelback

Peter Pan

Don't mind jippers. He doesn't mean any harm even though it seems that he thinks only his opinion counts.

From what I gather it is about a naive ex-lover loving the tramp but not liking it. He doesn't know what the hell he wants and contrary to the title I don't believe he has. ::

-Figured You Out-

I like your pants around your feet

And I like the dirt that's on your knees

And I like the way you say please

While you're looking up at me

You're like my favorite damn disease

And I love the places that we go

And I love the people that you know

And I love the way you can't say "No"

Too many long lines in a row

I love the powder on your nose

And now I know who you are

It wasn't that hard

Just to figure you out

Now I did, you wonder why

I like the freckles on your chest

And I like the way you like me best

And I like the way you're not impressed

While you put me to the test

I like the white stains on your dress

I love the way you pass the check

And I love the good times that you wreck

And I love your lack of self respect

While you're passed out on the deck

I love my hands around your neck

And I know who you are

It wasn't that hard

Just to figure you out

Why not before, you never tried

Gone for good, and this is it

I like your pants around your feet

And I like the dirt that's on your knees

And I like the way you still say please

While you're looking up at me

You're like my favorite damn disease

And I hate the places that we go

And I hate the people that you know

And I hate the way you can't say "No"

Too many long lines in a row

I hate the powder on your nose

And now I know who you are

It wasn't that hard

Just to figure you out

Why not before, you never tried

Gone for good, and this is it

Don't mind jippers. He doesn't mean any harm even though it seems that he thinks only his opinion counts.

Only when its the truth.

Of course my opinion is harmless, but at least I have one of my own. I know a lot of people who just go with the flow and never have to think for themselves. I'd hate to be like that...

Who cares? It sucks.

My urge was to drive you out of my arse with my morning consistutional, but I will refrain.

Let me ask you this; would you have someone dis your music choices. I think Nickelback is purity and poise in motion. One of the most briliant young bands in a stagnant music scene.

Great to voice your music oppinion, but add a bit; not just a slam please.

Who cares? It sucks.

"Who cares?" That's not an opinion. I would hate to think that only what I thought was right and that it didn't matter what anyone else had to say or how they might feel about something.

Only when its the truth.

The truth is you think it sucks. That's fine. But it's false to say it sucks for Peter Pan. Your truth isn't necessarily someone else's.

It's great to think for yourself but let others do the same.

A word of thanks to the replies. I didn't mean to cause a stir. If it sucks or not I was only wondering because I think that maybe, just maybe it's about a girl who does cocaine and her lover didn't mind it at first but eventually changed his mind. My better half thinks it might be about a guy who's addicted to the physical relationship with this girl. Neither one of us knew so I found this web site to seek out the ideas of others. :thumbsup:

I always like to read other perspectives on a song.

I just thought it was about a new relationship and it running the course. It's like when you start a new relationship, and you want to impress the other person so much so they like you - but you are not the "real you". Then, later in the relationship, after you get "comfortable" slowly, the real you shows. And the other person thinks, "what the hell was I thinking - everything I used to like about you, I can't stand now! :stars:

It's amazing how four little words can cause such a stir.

Sorry, but Nickleback signify for me (along with Live, Matchbox 20 and Three Doors Down) everything that is wrong with mainstream rock (and commercial radio for that matter) - bands playing "safe" music to sell records and to get airplay. No innovation, no creativity, no originality, nothing to distinguish them from the next "safe" band that turns up on the radio. It's all very competent, mind you. It's just not mindblowing or wonderful.

To illustrate the point, at least a band like Tool are a bit more original and creative than any of the bands I mentioned before - and they still have albums that debut at number 1 on the mainstream chart.

You can't tell me that lines like "I like your pants around your feet" and "I like the freckles on your chest" are anything more than bad 9th grade poetry and dodgy sexual innuendo droned out over little more than one guitar chord for 4 minutes. I personally can think of better things to do with my time that pay attention to trash like that.

Disclaimer: this is purely an opinion, and although I have formed such a view based on years of musicalogical (and practical music) study, I still think it sucks and I'm sorry if anybody is offended by that or doesn't like this viewpoint.

By the way, my first comment was supposed to be "tongue in cheek". Perhaps I should learn to use these graemlin thingos in future... :googly:

• 1 month later...

If anyone has ever been consumed by the addiction of cocaine, a love hate relationship.......a love hate dynamic usually occurs with the lover you are with. It is not hard to hear how he goes from love to hate.......It is a powerful love, equally powerful hate that tears you up...he says he has figured her out....has he figured himself out??