Song Editing

I find it interesting how some songs have different parts of the music recorded on different sides (right or left speaker). I decided it would be fun to mess around with that by making parts of a particular song i like just the voice singing, cutting out the drumming on the piano solo, etc. I used adobe premiere to fade from right to left as i please, however my problem now is that the song switches from speaker to speaker and its gets annoying. I was wondering if anyone knows any program or means of making all of the sound come out from both sides. Perhaps some kind of program where you can lay down notes on either side so that i could just copy the edited version onto both sides and solve the problem. Thanks.

If you use a program like Steinberg Cubase, or any similar recording software, here's what you can do:

Load your wave/mp3 of the song. Highlight the whole thing. Do an export, and choose "Stereo Split" as the channel outputs. The export will give you two identical mono files - one will be the left channel and one will be the right.

You can then import these files onto two tracks, and do another export ("mixdown") to get a single, stereo version of your two mono files.

I hope this is what you're asking...