PSYCHOcatholic

Leet us not forget...

"Blinded By Rainbows" - The Stones

"Sing Me A Rainbow" - Dr. Hook

"She Talks To Rainbows" - The Ramones

"Rainbow Trout" - Gordon Lightfoot

and "The Homo Rainbow" - Ween And The South Park Kids

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Did Gordon Lightfoot see the rainbow trout swimming around the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald?

Wow...there was a band called Rainbow...cant imagine they ever made it big, but it seems that they made a great deal of songs from researching google.

They rocked pretty hard, actually. I have their cd "Live In Germany" made in 1976. It was started by guitarist Ritchie Blackmore (of Deep Purple fame), and the lead singer was Ronnie James Dio. If you are interested in 70's metal, I'd check them out. Any song from the live in germany album is good. I'm not sure how big they got, but they were pretty influential to heavy metal music.

Rainbow were one of the biggest bands among rock fans in Bulgaria. Actually, I was kind of surprised when I read your post and thought it was a joke - "there was a band called Rainbow"???

The band was created by Ritchie Blackmore after he left Deep Purple in 1974, before or during the recordings of the "Burn" album. He obviously wasn't happy with his role in the band (coincidently or not, "Burn" is considered the last really successful Deep Purple recording). So Ritchie Blackmore created his own band, and struck gold by getting Ronnie James Dio sing lead vocals (Dio was recommended to him by a friend who said something along the lines of "I have a singer for you who can stop a train with his voice").

They mostly sucked after 1978 (about the time when Dio left; he joined Black Sabbath in 1979 and recorded several albums with them before moving on to a solo career) and Ritchie Blackmore constantly changed the line up, but their early albums were great. They have some famous live recordings, especially "On Stage" [1977] - I'd highlight their rendition of Deep Purple's "Mistreated", with very powerful vocals by Dio.

They also had a huge hit in 1980 with "I Surrender", which still gets a lot of radio play on retro radios (at least around here).