Your favourite one hit wonders

PSYCHOcatholic

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three distinct songs (though the first two did segue together)by the near legendary Nerve Rack, (from their 2nd album "Experiments With Facial Hair", fact fans). None of them released as a single. One hit wonders? Looks like you've lost the plot, johnnyguitar? Whassamatter,the heat getting too much for ya'?

I could've sworn that was all one song...it's track 3 on their seminal album 'Unhinged'...track 4 is Rottweilers. So stick that up yer chuff!

I could've sworn that was all one song...it's track 3 on their seminal album 'Unhinged'...track 4 is Rottweilers. So stick that up yer chuff!

I remember reading about this...Apparently this was down to the primitive nature of the "indexing" of tracks in the early days of CDs, compounded by the issue of tracks being segued. This and the incompetency of the Cover designer created the confusion which resulted.

"Unhinged" was actually a collection of the bands two albums onto one disc. The first album "Gnaw" could probably be described as "seminal", having obviously been listened to and plagiarised by artists as diverse as the Manic Street Preachers, Placebo and Ian Brown.

Incidentally, the aforementioned "Rottweilers" or possibly "Dream About Nixon" would have made much better singles than any of the tracks you mentioned.

Word on the Grapevine has it that Nerve Rack are currently in "reform" talks, with a view to a gig or two in 2006.

Post-Nerve Rack two band-members formed lounge-core combo Rudolph Rocker ("sound like Noel Coward sniffing glue" (Melody Maker)), who coincidentally, since you ask, release their third album this week, entitled "Rabbiting on with Richard Dido".

That enough information for you? (And now I'm late for going to the shops...)

One of my fave bands of all times, scarcely a bad song...

You might check out Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers (their old band was called the Refreshments), in that case, Johnny. Scotty Johnson, who was guitarist for the Gin Blossoms, was with Roger for a couple of albums before "creative differences" caused them to go their separate ways. And if you like Gin Blossoms, it's a good bet you'd like the Peacemakers. (www.azpeacemakers.com)

By the way, I live about 30 minutes from Roger, and the famous "Mrs. Rita" (the palm reader) off the Gin Blossoms' album "A New Miserable Experience" is also about 30 minutes from where I live... :grin:

How about these for current plays on local Classic Rock stations accros this nation:

"All Right Now", by FREE.

"Classical Gas", by Anson Williams

Don't remember title- Mountain

Don't remember title- Aldo Nova

Fantasy - Aldo Nova

they posted this at the start of the post in the days of Muziktyme...but they didnt know the name of the song...

The other one is

Mountain - Leslie West i think...someone please correct me if im wrong, but i cant find anything on a band called "Mountain". So, im sure the poster got it mixed up.

I was searching in the web for lists of One Hit Wonders and I found the name of Mountain too... I was quite surprised as Mountain is a band which made some fantastic music and I don´t know if they ever made the charts... I´ll try to find it.

Seems they even went platinum with an album. They made a great performance at Woodstock ("Theme for an imaginary Western" is such a beautiful song...) and I know we posted a link to some good information about them but I just cannot find it now.

"Mississippi Queen" is the hit for Mountain.

Edited by Guest

You might check out Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers (their old band was called the Refreshments), in that case, Johnny. Scotty Johnson, who was guitarist for the Gin Blossoms, was with Roger for a couple of albums before "creative differences" caused them to go their separate ways. And if you like Gin Blossoms, it's a good bet you'd like the Peacemakers. (www.azpeacemakers.com)

By the way, I live about 30 minutes from Roger, and the famous "Mrs. Rita" (the palm reader) off the Gin Blossoms' album "A New Miserable Experience" is also about 30 minutes from where I live... :grin:

OoooOOoo I don't live close to anyone! :shocked: :D

I was searching in the web for lists of One Hit Wonders and I found the name of Mountain too... I was quite surprised as Mountain is a band which made some fantastic music and I don´t know if they ever made the charts... I´ll try to find it.

Seems they even went platinum with an album. They made a great performance at Woodstock ("Theme for an imaginary Western" is such a beautiful song...) and I know we posted a link to some good information about them but I just cannot find it now.

"Mississippi Queen" is the hit for Mountain.

Learn something new everday...Leslie West leader of Mountain...i didnt know that Ozzy covered it. Great song...One Hit Wonder with one band, and part of a list of WONDERFUL songs by another band. Awesome.

Spirit In The Sky

When I die and they lay me to rest

I'm gonna go to the place that's the best

When they lay me down to die

Going up to the spirit in the sky

Going up to the spirit in the sky

That's where I'm going to go when I die

going to go to the place that's the best

Prepare yourself you know it's a must

Gotta have a friend in Jesus

So you'll know that when you die

He's going to recommend you to the spirit in the sky

Spirit in the sky...

Totally recommend you to the spirit in the sky

That's where you're gonna go when you die

When you die and they lay you to rest

You're going to go to the place that's the best

Never been a sinner never sinned

I've got a friend in Jesus

So you know that when I die he's going to set me up with the spirit in the sky

Oh set me up with the spirit in the sky

That's where I'm going to go when I die

I'm gonna go to the place that's the best

Laurie! Did you know he makes more money now when people use it in movies...than when he was on the charts?