Solo Album for Justin Hawkins of The Darkness Fame

Foxy

THE DARKNESS singer JUSTIN HAWKINS is set to release a solo album.

The frontman is expected to put out the record two months after the second Darkness album hits the shops in the autumn.

Describing the LP ? called ?British Wail? - Hawkins said: ?It?s a lot less rock than the band stuff. There?s a lot more synths. I suppose you could call it luxurious rock.?

The star recorded the LP this year during breaks from making the new Darkness album and finished off the project at his home studio in north London.

Hawkins told The Sun: ?I?d written most of it in demo form before The Darkness took off but I?ve only finished it properly recently. Anything I write with (brother and guitarist) Dan goes to the band but I?ve held on to my solo stuff.?

Hawkins is also planning to tour his solo work, saying: ?I guess Dan will have to be the guitarist. He likes the stuff. But it will be completely different from what people would expect.?

He revealed: ?The first single is a cover of the Sparks tune ?This Town Ain?t Big Enough For Both Of Us?.

The Darkness have reportedly nearly finished the follow-up to 2003?s ?Permission To Land? and have been collaborating with producer Roy Thomas Baker - most famous for his work on Queen?s ?Bohemian Rhapsody?.

Hawkins said: ?At the moment the rest of the band are on the instrumentals. Then I go back into the studio to finish the lead vocals.?

He continued: ?We?ve spent three months arguing about the name without getting anywhere. We?re still rowing about it.?